More information about Satoh and Mitsubishi

/ More information about Satoh and Mitsubishi #1  

Compact Driver

Tractor
Kubota B8200D, Woods FEL, Woods Backhoe. Satoh Bison (S-650G), Unknown Sickle Bar Mower
I've seen some history that probably parallels this fairly well, but I find it interesting that Satoh goes back so far, and that Mitsubishi tractors are still being made. If you have anything concrete to ad I appreciate you filling out this history. I have tried to contact Mitsubishi to find out more information, but I doubt it will produce anything productive.

More Satoh - Mitsubishi Information

Satoh Agricultural Machinery was a Japanese tractor manufacturer founded in 1914. In 1980, Satoh merged with part of Mitsubishi to become the Mitsubishi Agricultural Machinery company. Tractors were sold as Satoh Mitsubishi for a short time after the merger, until 1984, but then the Satoh name was dropped.
In Japan, Satoh distributed the English David Brown tractors, and in turn, Satoh tractors were also distributed by David Brown. Satoh manufactured some tractors to fill in gaps in the David Brown line that looked like DB's, like the Satoh S-650G, but were manufactured by Satoh in Japan.[1]

Mitsubishi Agricultural Machinery Co., Ltd. (MAM) is headquartered in Higashiizumo, Shimane, Japan, a part of the Mitsubishi Group. the division was established in February 1980 from the merger of the Mitsubishi Machinery Co., Ltd. and the Satoh Agricultural Machinery Mfg. Co., Ltd. Satoh was founded in June 1914.

Mitsubishi manufactures tractors, combines and paddy field equipment for sale world wide. Mitsubishi tractors were sold in the USA for a short period, as were Satoh tractors. Current distribution is done under the Mahindra brand by the respective companies in some markets. Some Grey market tractors are sold currently in the US. They were distributed in the USA under the Cub Cadet and previously International Harvester brand for a period. They are now being imported into the UK and sold under the Mitsubishi brand. Some were sold in Japan under the Kumiai, Suzue and Zen-Noh brands, all farmer's co-ops.

Mitsubishi has partnerships/licensing with LS Tractors of South Korea, a division of LS Cable, formerly LG Cable (LG Tractors) and VST Tillers of India, which is 3% owned by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Shenniu of China has also built tractors that look identical to Mitsubishi's, so they may be licensed, or just copied. Mitsubishi equipment is distributed throughout Europe, Asia, Australia and North America.

The company began to transform itself in 2013 when it began Adapting the ASUMA brand name (Agri SUpport MAchinery by Mitsubishi). In 2015, MAM sold 33.33% of the company to the Indian company Mahindra & Mahindra, to whom they had been supplying tractors for the USA market.

Information gathered from Tractors.Wikia.com Mitsubishi Agricultural Machinery | Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

1. ↑ David Brown Tractor

/ More information about Satoh and Mitsubishi #2  
Can you confirm the Shenniu 254 tractor has an engine patterned after a Mitsubishi?