More M59 repair fun.

/ More M59 repair fun. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
IMG_2496.JPG not sure why pics are sideways, but if you click on them they expand straight.

So the left side bucket cylinder top pin broke about 2 months ago. Broke right in half at the grease port. No biggie, because half of it slid out a little and I caught it. Today, not so lucky. Didn't notice that the other one broke in half, and half must of dropped out and boom. The cylinder pulled loose from the half of pin as it contracted, busting the steel line that feeds the hose and bending ears on the boom, and dousing me in about a half of gallon of fluid. Limped back to barn and begun beating boom ears back in place and draining remaining fluid from cylinder. Fun.

To date, both pumps went at about 70hr, the back bucket cutting blade/teeth ripped off, I have a crack thats back around the top pin of the driver side stabilizer I cut out and welded once, leaking seal on either transmission main shaft or front drive shaft, also numerous leaks around hoses. 720hr.

The pumps I don't know, maybe a fluke. Cant really blame the bucket, just one of those things. But the cracks, and braking pins, and leaks are a little much. Ive ran numerous full size, owned a 580 L for 11 years with no major issue. I'm wondering If this thing is better off for landowners instead of using it for a business. Its a great size and can really move dirt but...

Attachments

• IMG_2495.JPG
    IMG_2495.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 435
   / More M59 repair fun. #2  
That's something I've never heard of before how in the H do you break a pin. Working with it slid 1/2 way out?

/ More M59 repair fun.
Yea, these pins have a bolt on one side that hold them in.

/ More M59 repair fun. #4  
Thats wild. I've never has issue one with anything (pins) or stabilizer arm mounts on either my M9 or 105X and I regularly abuse them both. In fact I have had no issues with either and the M9 is celebrating it's 10th birthday this spring.

/ More M59 repair fun.
I think mine was contracted out to China.

/ More M59 repair fun. #6  
that pin looks like it has been broke for a while better check the others

/ More M59 repair fun. #7  
I think mine was contracted out to China.

Could be. Could be domestic steel poured in China too. It's very difficult to tell where it comes from, I'm in the steel business at my part time job (I'm retired from it mostly) and it's almost impossible to track the original mill. Could be. Right now, there is almost 200 million tons of excess steel floating around here, a lit of it Chinese in manufacture.

Think I'll pull my pins on the 105 and have a look-see. I don't want a failure with a 1500 pound round bale on the bale spear.

Looks to me like you kept ir well greased too so thats not an issue. You have way more grease piled in your weldment than I do.

/ More M59 repair fun. #8  
View attachment 463448 not sure why pics are sideways, but if you click on them they expand straight.

So the left side bucket cylinder top pin broke about 2 months ago. Broke right in half at the grease port. No biggie, because half of it slid out a little and I caught it. Today, not so lucky. Didn't notice that the other one broke in half, and half must of dropped out and boom. The cylinder pulled loose from the half of pin as it contracted, busting the steel line that feeds the hose and bending ears on the boom, and dousing me in about a half of gallon of fluid. Limped back to barn and begun beating boom ears back in place and draining remaining fluid from cylinder. Fun.

To date, both pumps went at about 70hr, the back bucket cutting blade/teeth ripped off, I have a crack thats back around the top pin of the driver side stabilizer I cut out and welded once, leaking seal on either transmission main shaft or front drive shaft, also numerous leaks around hoses. 720hr.

The pumps I don't know, maybe a fluke. Cant really blame the bucket, just one of those things. But the cracks, and braking pins, and leaks are a little much. Ive ran numerous full size, owned a 580 L for 11 years with no major issue. I'm wondering If this thing is better off for landowners instead of using it for a business. Its a great size and can really move dirt but...

IMHO, All TLBs should have about 10% more Good metal in them, including Pins and Bushing designed to resist wear and hard use. Kubota gets a premium for these machines, so tat should be part of the deal. So far my 10' hoe has stood up better than the loader pins and bushing.

/ More M59 repair fun. #9  
Think you answered your own question. It's not a 580 backhoe made for heavy commercial duty cycles.

/ More M59 repair fun. #10  
Think you answered your own question. It's not a 580 backhoe made for heavy commercial duty cycles.

Not to happy with Kubota pricing right now, see Posts #15 & 16
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...m59-front-drive-shaft-leak-2.html#post4420381

Kubota should spend a little less on advertising and take care of your problem

This is a design miscalculation of possible loads on the pin or a materials defect. The repair should be on Kubota's nickel. The engineer(s) who designed this disaster should hand carry the repair parts to you.

PS this is not Photo-Shopped

Attachments

• P1030504 (1280x960).jpg
    P1030504 (1280x960).jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 308