Mosquitos are out for blood

/ Mosquitos are out for blood #11  
No mosquitos at all in our area!

/ Mosquitos are out for blood #12  
And those SOB seem to get BIGGER each year. :oops:

/ Mosquitos are out for blood #13  
The black flies are just getting fierce here. I seem to have developed a reaction to them, I will have craters where they bite me which last for months. Once they are gone I can usually deal with the mosquitos.
Ticks are a PITA this year though. I kill at least a couple nearly every time I go out. My dog takes a pill once a month and I don't believe that I've ever taken a tick off him. I try not to think about what it's doing to him as he's already had Lyme's once. Besides, I remember pulling up to 30 off my last dog every night.

/ Mosquitos are out for blood #14  
I have a ten acre lake. Five of those acres are cattails. However - no worries about mosquitos. I have a "flock" of 500 to 600 cliff swallows that nest in the rock cliff at the lake. It's been quite a while since I've seen a mosquito.

No oils, no poisons - just Mother Nature.
There's a fascia board around the base of the deck on our house. Behind it is a 1.5" gap which is perfect for bats.
Video provided for bat sounds.... there's probably a hundred bats, really hard to count them when the whole swarm goes out in the evening!

/ Mosquitos are out for blood
The black flies are just getting fierce here. I seem to have developed a reaction to them, I will have craters where they bite me which last for months. Once they are gone I can usually deal with the mosquitos.
Ticks are a PITA this year though. I kill at least a couple nearly every time I go out. My dog takes a pill once a month and I don't believe that I've ever taken a tick off him. I try not to think about what it's doing to him as he's already had Lyme's once. Besides, I remember pulling up to 30 off my last dog every night.
If you experienced an outbreak of chiggers you might decide to start taking those pills when your dog does. :oops:

/ Mosquitos are out for blood
I have a ten acre lake. Five of those acres are cattails. However - no worries about mosquitos. I have a "flock" of 500 to 600 cliff swallows that nest in the rock cliff at the lake. It's been quite a while since I've seen a mosquito.

No oils, no poisons - just Mother Nature.
Bodies of water in Texas that don't go dry in Summer are populated with Bluegill and Sun Perch which feast on larva fast as hatched or nab mosquitos while laying eggs.

/ Mosquitos are out for blood #17  
There's a fascia board around the base of the deck on our house. Behind it is a 1.5" gap which is perfect for bats.
Video provided for bat sounds.... there's probably a hundred bats, really hard to count them when the whole swarm goes out in the evening!
A child died after being bit by a rabid bat not far from here. I wouldn't want bats hanging around my house. They can stay in the back 40.

/ Mosquitos are out for blood #18  
Ticks are a PITA this year though.
They sure are 😖 when mowing next to wood line and wind gusty also been those $#%^er of me.