Most you lifted with a BL25 loader

/ Most you lifted with a BL25 loader #1  

North to Alaska

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 4520r
Just curious about what you lifted with your BL25 loader.
I know the specs of the BL25 vs the BL200...just like to see some real life experiences.
Looking at a really good deal on a 5220r that has the BL25.
I will be doing considerable loader work with tree clearing, logging, firewood, etc.
I've done the math and believe it should be fine (I know the specs are at pins)

Thank you!

/ Most you lifted with a BL25 loader #2  
Mine can just manage an IBC tote full of wet hardwood, using SSQA forks. If I don't seat the tote fully on the forks and instead it's 4-6" out, it won't be able to pick it up. A tote holds about .38 of a cord when stuffed full. With Madrone, a common hardwood here, that's about 2300 lbs of wood (taking a median value for wet weight). The tote is another 100 lbs or so.

I have picked up medium diameter logs using a grapple and been able to pick them up only part way. Logs quickly get too heavy as the get larger diameter. I've cut logs too large in diameter into rounds and picked a couple of those up at a time with the grapple. Sometimes the loader won't curl them up because the weight is too much.

A few hundred extra lbs capacity would be handy but I suspect I'd exceed that nearly as often as I exceed the BL25's capacity.

/ Most you lifted with a BL25 loader #3  
My 3520 can barely pick up a 275 gallon IBC tote full of water with the pallet forks. I don't know how much the forks weigh nor do I know how they compare in weight to some of the grapples. A gallon of water is 8.34 pounds so the water alone weighs 2293.5 pounds if not overfilled. A tote of that volume can weigh up to 128 pounds so the total weight is 2421.5 pounds.

/ Most you lifted with a BL25 loader
Most of what I will be picking up is spruce and birch. Not the heaviest of trees.
The other item will be wood ash. The soil is pretty acidic and a couple of wood boiler operations are willing to give/sell their ash. Just need the right sized container to haul them.