/ Motorhomes in the beginning #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Lots of photos here:

Bruce

/ Motorhomes in the beginning #2  
The lack of sideview mirrors and very limited driver's visibility on many of the examples is of 'concern'.

/ Motorhomes in the beginning #3  
When I first got this property, I put a 1956 22' Airstream on it just to have a place to sit down when I came to the property to start cleaning up. It was all original inside and out. As dated as it was, it was remarkably comfortable. I could have lived in that thing if it had air conditioning. :giggle:

/ Motorhomes in the beginning #4  
When going to college - 1960 to 1965 - I worked summers for Alaska Dept of Fish & Game. Summer of 1962 we had a WW2 trailer. It was so darn heavy we could hardly pull it with a half ton pickup. Inside it was built like a tank. Full thickness wood paneling throughout. Everything was steel - no plastic or aluminum. Thank goodness - I returned to college that fall BEFORE the trailer had to be towed back to ADF&G headquarters.

We were stationed on a river on the Kenai Peninsula.

/ Motorhomes in the beginning #5  
When I first got this property, I put a 1956 22' Airstream on it just to have a place to sit down when I came to the property to start cleaning up. It was all original inside and out. As dated as it was, it was remarkably comfortable. I could have lived in that thing if it had air conditioning. :giggle:
Yes, those older Airstreams were surprisingly comfortable to live in. I don't remember what year it was, but lived in a smaller one for about a year. For one person, it worked pretty well. I was always looking and marveling at how well it was built and laid out.

/ Motorhomes in the beginning #6  
Some of those rigs were pretty ingenius, others not so much.
Not too far removed from the "portable" tiny houses of today.