Moving a Tree..

/ Moving a Tree.. #11  
not possible without any equipment....

/ Moving a Tree.. #12  
   / Moving a Tree.. #13  
I agree with the others, this will take equipment, and the larger the equipment, the better chance for survival.

That said, money is always the limiting factor - at least for me. If I were bent on trying to make a go at moving this tree, I would investigate rental options from Bobcat http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/tree_spade

I know where I can borrow a large Bobcat, so this would be my first call. I will say that I use the local Bobcat rental store from time to time, and I have never seen one on their yard....

/ Moving a Tree.. #14  
We had a birch clump break off in a storm. Trees were about 6" diameter, maybe less. I dug around, dug under and dug until I couldn't dig any more. Hooked up the 27 hp tractor with a cable, (tractor was on concrete for traction) and gave it a yank, 2 or 3 times. Wife was watching and she said the tree didn't even wiggle.

A logger was working 500 ft. away with a big excavator, came over and popped it out, no problem.

You aren't going to move it without serious equipment and as some have said, the chance of survival is slim. Plant a new tree where you would put this one and get rid of the large one if you need the spot where it is for something else.