Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #1  

bspeedy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330, Ford 1700, JD 2210, Takeuchi TB135 Excavator
So...

I have a Takeuchi TB135. Just bought a Bush Master 42" cutter for it. Both purchased second hand. Both in good shape. I need to adapt the mower to the Tag Wain Roy style quick attach. Should be easy.

Can anyone tell me if I need a case drain for this mower? The guy that was using it didn't have one.

Anyone mow with a Tak 135? Probably a long shot. I just need some input / opinion / info / tips.

If any of you guys have a mower for your mini, I'd like to hear your experience.

I'm pretty excited to get everything together. Hoping to mow my banks at the road, some other ditch banks, and trim trees on my driveway and trails with the thing. Currently these jobs are done with a weed whacker or pole pruner. I'm thinking the air conditioned cab of my excavator will be a better working environment.:dance1:

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #2  
I want to add something similar to my KX121. I bought a Ferri TD42 boom mower for my tractor the year before I bought my excavator. I could have bought a nice mulching head for the same money, ugghhhh

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #3  
In my "experience" mostly with SS attachments, the case drain would be the 3rd hyd line and it's usually not optional, that is it seems smaller, lower flow motors do not require one, where larger, higher flow motors require one and you do not have a choice. How many lines coming off your mowers motor?
Not sure if this applies to your mini and would not have given my .02$ if you had some response.:laughing: Call the mower mfg.

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started
In my "experience" mostly with SS attachments, the case drain would be the 3rd hyd line and it's usually not optional, that is it seems smaller, lower flow motors do not require one, where larger, higher flow motors require one and you do not have a choice. How many lines coming off your mowers motor?
Not sure if this applies to your mini and would not have given my .02$ if you had some response.:laughing: Call the mower mfg.

Thanks, Rusty. I did call the mower mfg. They said no case drain is needed. This makes sense as there are only two lines coming from the mower. I have a tag quick attach mount coming from my Tak dealer. Should be here within the next couple of weeks. Also, the adapter is an easy conversion from the original as it was built for a Kubota KX121.

I'm pretty pumped to get this thing running.

Just an update. I finally got everything together and ran the mower. What a machine! The Tak runs the mower pretty well and handles the weight better than I expected. Works great for steep banks and trimming trees over the driveway. Hydraulic motor stayed cool, machine operated the mower perfectly. I'm happy with the results of this experiment.

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #6  
PICTURES please. Sound like a nice outfit. Nice to see "out of the ordinary" stuff on here for a change.

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #7  
Any pics?

Sorry guys. I'll get some. My wife took a couple of me mowing with it when I tried it out. I'll ask her to send them to me and then I'll post them.

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #9  
Speedy- was your Tak a C-list find, or is there a solid dealer in our area? I had always wanted a full sized Backhoe, but I think a mini-ex is going to be perfect for my needs...

/ Mowing with a Mini Excavator - Help me get started #10  
Any pics yet?