MT225S 4wd drive characteristics

/ MT225S 4wd drive characteristics #1  

rodneyn

Gold Member
Now have 16 hrs on MT225S just used 4wd in wet area and experienced it fighting itself on left and right turns. Running it Straight you can feel drive shaft movement- feels like shaft riding loose in mating yoke. So you MT225S owners tell me what you are experiencing on your machines. If I had to describe the feeling it痴 like driving 4wd drive truck on dry pavement you can feel it痴 fighting itself on turns binding up. So I am asking what is normal feel on this tractor MT225S with 4wd drive engaged.

/ MT225S 4wd drive characteristics #2  
Perhaps your differential lock is engaged/stuck/broken? Did the dealer put the correct size front/rear tires on it?

/ MT225S 4wd drive characteristics #3  
What surface are your driving on? I can feel mine when I am on the concrete or pavement, but not in the gravel or dirt. Going straight, I cannot feel 4x4 at all.

/ MT225S 4wd drive characteristics
I am dirt and grass level ground- typically you should not feel 4wd working against it self on loose ground as you have mentioned. I would bet something is out of alignment on drive shaft - in the fall I will take it back to the dealer for further inspection. No issues out of 4wd whatsoever. Hoping I can get more feedback from other MT225S owners before fall. Again it is like being concrete pavement with 4wd drive engaged it fights itself.

Tire size is to specification no issue. No differential lock issues.

/ MT225S 4wd drive characteristics #6  
Now have 16 hrs on MT225S just used 4wd in wet area and experienced it fighting itself on left and right turns. Running it Straight you can feel drive shaft movement- feels like shaft riding loose in mating yoke. So you MT225S owners tell me what you are experiencing on your machines. If I had to describe the feeling itç—´ like driving 4wd drive truck on dry pavement you can feel itç—´ fighting itself on turns binding up. So I am asking what is normal feel on this tractor MT225S with 4wd drive engaged.

Maybe the traction was better than you realized is the only reason I can think of for it to fight itself. If you have a backhoe (or other safe means), raise the front and rear tires just off the ground and engage 4WD and try turning steering wheel with tire rotation at low speed and see if you still get the binding.

/ MT225S 4wd drive characteristics #7  
Now have 16 hrs on MT225S just used 4wd in wet area and experienced it fighting itself on left and right turns. Running it Straight you can feel drive shaft movement- feels like shaft riding loose in mating yoke. So you MT225S owners tell me what you are experiencing on your machines. If I had to describe the feeling it痴 like driving 4wd drive truck on dry pavement you can feel it痴 fighting itself on turns binding up. So I am asking what is normal feel on this tractor MT225S with 4wd drive engaged.

I drove my neighbors 225-S yesterday. It was in 4wd on some loose gravel / dirt. When turning, the binding was definitely noticeable. But.. I noticed that the inside rear tire (the one on the inside of the turn) was actually "jumping" or slipping about a lug or two when turning. Very similar to what happens if the diff lock was engaged. It definitely was not. Did it turning both directions. Going straight, did not notice any binding at all.

Thanks for The feedback from neighbors new MT225S . I now have LS factory service representative looking into situation to explain what is happening. My dealer reached out to LS for further explanation based on multiple discussions describing issues while in 4wd. Typically You don稚 have binding on 4wd unit on loose soils.We will Let LS explain if it痴 new normal or something was missed during assembly. Thanks again for sharing your findings.