Multi fuel forced air kero heater

/ Multi fuel forced air kero heater #1  

mjonesnh

Gold Member
Tractor
TC34DA
Purchased a Master 75,000 BTU forced air heater at Tractor Supply this week. The label states at it will burn K1 kero, JP8/Jet Fuel 6, #1&2 fuel oil and diesels. Fired it up this morning on #2 ULSD Shell diesel and seems to burn fine as I did not have any K1 at that time. Anyone using diesel in their torpedo heater besides me, if so, any down the road potential problems as far as soot or dirty filters? Seems like I read once that diesel fuel has more BTU's per gallon than any other petrol source. In my area D2 is .50/ gallon cheaper than K1 which makes it a bit more economical. Opinions or advice welcome.

/ Multi fuel forced air kero heater #2  
I burn diesel, seems to stink more when I used kero. I can get either easily. MikeD74t

/ Multi fuel forced air kero heater #3  
I have a similar one. Burn only diesel since there seems to be no odor with it. The only smoke I've seen is when I messed up and ran it out of fuel. It will blow a big cloud of smoke just before it shuts off.

/ Multi fuel forced air kero heater #4  
I've been running diesel in mine. Only tried it because I needed the heater NOW and didn't have good kero on hand. Was surprised to find it didn't stink so that's what I'm going to use going forward. Less stuff to keep on hand is good thing in my book.

/ Multi fuel forced air kero heater #5  
#2 diesel and about a gallon of straight gas for every 5 gallons of diesel. Burns nice and clean and hot.

/ Multi fuel forced air kero heater #6  
I have been using these forced air heaters for years now. They will burn either K1 or diesel. You can try both diesel and K1 and decide for yourself. Diesel is a bit too stinky in the two forced air kerosene heaters that I have owned. I pay the extra for K1 kerosene and consider it money well spent.