Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #1  

tgarber22

Tractor
Kubota MX5200
1st time to the forum here. New to me tractor MX 5200 started overheating the hydraulics not long after I got it. Bucket would start to run slow After about 30 minutes of heavy operation, Even after radiators were blown out with air nozzle. Only 750 hours on the tractor and hydraulic filters were changed about hunderd hours ago By the seller. Where should I start with diagnosis I do all my own mechanic work. Also I don't have a workshop manual like I did for the last tractor what would you suggest

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #3  
You need to be more specific about your issues. Coolant or hydraulics and how hot and what are the symptoms?

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #4  
make sure you don't have a valve lever that has been bumped into the on position and dead headed that would heat up fluid fast.

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #5  
This sounds like an interesting problem but I echo Michael in wondering how you know? Most machines don't have a hydraulic fluid temp gauge. (Does yours?) Which radiators are you talking about? Is it a HST or gear-drive machine?

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #6  
Also detail the brand of filters and hydraulic fluid. I only have bought used equipment and is the first thing I change so I known what I’ve got.

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg
Thanks for all the replies guys. Hydraulics work fine when the tractor is cold but after operation for 30 minutes with loader from hydraulics working super slow like hydraulic fluid bypassing. I've been told this is common when hydraulic fluid gets too hot. Last week when I pushed it a little farther after noticing bucket raising super slow My drive hydraulics ended up getting slow and I could feel it. I have remotes On the rear and front. No implements just the bucket. 750 hrs. New filters from first owner at 650. Putting new filters and super udt2 in today. Cleaned hyd fluid radiator

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #8  
Are the front/rear remotes factory options? If not I'd be concerned they are undersized and contributing to problems. I have the same tractor with no issues. You could also have water in the fluid of other blockage type issues.

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg #9  
You are doing the important steps first and hope you see an improvement. Much debris in hydraulic cooler or radiator? Fan belt tight? Also check filter bases the center pipe nipple is tight and clear from old filter gaskets. Air inleakage causes cavitation causes heat.

Check remotes and third function are working properly and not dead headed. I’ve not had that problem but could be. There was also a post sometime back where the 3pt lift was dead heading at the upper limit that required an adjustment.

The M59 has valves and connections that have to be changed and aligned properly for 3pt or backhoe operations. Not sure if yours has/had extra equipment.

Please share your solution.

/ Mx5200 hydraulic overheatimg
Man the super udt2 quieted things down. Not much metal on the hyd fluid magnet. 3pt can get that whine at the top end. Think I need to adjust that linkage. Need to find some info on that. Anyone have a wsm instruction on how to? I'm assuming till it stops whining but the instant I assume you know what happens