MX5800 oil change

/ MX5800 oil change #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Just did the 50 hour on tractor, both hydraulic filters also.

My first oil change was at art and bills enco in 1966. Since then I致e changed....a bunch.

This was by far the easiest oil change ever, for me. A drive shaft runs thru the sump, externally thank goodness. Because of that there are 2 wells with 2 drain plugs (19mm). That makes my medium sized catch pan big enough to handle the 8:qts of oil, I do one side, empty the pan, do the other side. All 3 filters were knee high easy access.

For grins I wanted to do the whole job flat footed. In other words, not on my knees, back etc etc. I did, without a problem.

I did learn next time I will put the loader up as the arm is sort of in the way of the filler. My fault, if the fel was up it would be no problem

I need a long neck funnel but it痴 in storage so, back again to Harbor Freight..

/ MX5800 oil change #2  
Glad to hear a fluid change is easy. Kubota sure engineers a solid tractor. I only wish they would have put more weight in the rear ends of the MXs.

/ MX5800 oil change #3  
I’m thinking the next time I change the engine oil, I’ll take the loader off. Getting under the loader arms while raised gives me the creeps.

With the loader off I can inspect it better as well. It moves a lot of dirt so doesn’t live an easy life.

/ MX5800 oil change #4  
It's nice when it all goes smooth and easy! I just did the 400h service on my L4060, and was dreading getting the original hydraulic filter off. The factory installed filters can be a bear to remove, but this one came off easy.

/ MX5800 oil change
I have a bh on my tractor right now so lack of rear end weight is not a problem but, I’ve been told that once I take off the bh I should start looking for tractor weights. My rear tires are filled but I guess that’s pretty standard?

As far as the loader being up, I’m with you re not getting under neath. In my case I was totally safe, didn’t really “get under the loader”. Just got the arm out the way. It was up for maybe 2 minutes.

And YES re the factory installed filters! My tractor has 3 filters, 2 hydraulic and 1 oil. One of the hydraulic filters, the one under the step up on the drivers side, was so tight I started to worry but, it did finally come off. If they have machines or robots installing these filters they better recalibrate of if they are installed by humans.....3/4 turn please.

I still can’t get over how easy that was, maybe I shouldn’t say that out loud!