My 3 ton capacity logging trailer

/ My 3 ton capacity logging trailer #1  

Aquamoose

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
I went to buy some large steel tubing on CL when the owner had this trailer sitting off the side. Curious, I asked about it as it has been unused for quite some time and the tires were practically rotting away but still holding air. I was surprised when he said “Take it” as the first answer! I suppose it was in exchange for my friendly demeanor and I helped him a bit with a problem on his tractor earlier (to load the steel on my 14k trailer)

Doing a little digging, I found the plaque on the trailer and it was a military general purpose trailer that possibly had a generator, b-52 cart start, bomb cart, etc. it was made in 1953 and has a gross capacity of 6,000 lbs. Measures 4 ft wide by 10 ft long.

I took it home, took apart the wheels to sandblast, clean & repaint. I also ordered new 10-ply tires & tubes and put some new wood on it and it was in business. I fabricated some “logging tines” to transport logs. I’m surprised on how well built it is. The wheels are well lubricated (spins for a long time) and the single backbone frame simply makes sense.

Eventually, I’ll be buying two IBC (water containers) with a booster hose reel & pump with the entire assembly on a skid for fire protection during the dry seasons.

Who knows, maybe down the road I might have it sandblasted and repaint it to match my Branson!

Enjoy the pics!

Original condition when I got it.

IMG_6162.JPG

After new tires & wheels cleaned up.

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG