My carryall built from a utv bed.

/ My carryall built from a utv bed. #1  

countrybumpkin

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti, kubota
Pick up this new utv bed from a local auction to be gain my carryall build. Very nice, solid made bed with tail gate and sides that lock in a flat position. Should make a nice set up. It's 5' wide x 4' long and when unfolded about 7' wide x 5' long.

Attachments

• image-740602856.jpg
    image-740602856.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 380
  • image-1867144168.jpg
    image-1867144168.jpg
    690.8 KB · Views: 368
  • image-2172267933.jpg
    image-2172267933.jpg
    690.7 KB · Views: 242
   / My carryall built from a utv bed. #2  
That's quite nice! How much weight do you think you'll be able to move? What are some of your plans for using it? I'd like to see how you hooked it up as well, or are you using pallet forks?

/ My carryall built from a utv bed.
It's just setting on my forks , just unloading from trailer. I'm thinking of a frame built out of square tube, with a upright for the top link. It should haul I ever want to haul in it. The bed is built pretty heavy and reinforced quit well.plans are to be able to hold tools ect for a project and then I'm planning on short legs to be able to set it off where I'm working so not to tie up my tractor if I need to use another three point attachment or if the wife wants to work in flower beds I can load all the plants, fertilizer, mulch , ect and just take to the flower bed and set it off.

/ My carryall built from a utv bed. #4  
That is going to make an awesome carryall! Hope you'll show us progress pictures as you build it. :thumbsup:

/ My carryall built from a utv bed. #5  
Cool M Gator bed, it's a little newer than mine. I'd love to have one to build a trailer out of.

129E1D7B-3BEB-42A2-8352-955EA356A725-10331-0000178CBC301892_zpse9acbefb.jpg

Thanks , yes I'll keep it up to date as I build. May be a few weeks until I start it. That looks just like it, I wasn't sure what brand it was.

/ My carryall built from a utv bed. #7  
Not wanting to stifle creativity, but looking at my gator bed and my carry all frame sitting near by (like this CountyLine® Carry All - Tractor Supply Co.) I would buy one of these frames, hook up the hinges for the rear of the bed and a simple latch for the front and you would have the ability to dump it also. Can still add legs so it sits off the ground and some fork tubes to move it around with the loader.

-Jeff

Basically that is what I was going to build out of square tube, a bit heavier. I have a ssqa to three point adapter for my loader I'll use to carry it on the front most of the time, I can still pick it up with the forks if I need to. I thought about making it dump but I am fixing to build a hydraulic toplink so I can use it to make it dump some if I where to need that, I'll just use the bucket to haul and dump stuff, but it may turn out that I can use the factory pivot mounts in the rear anyway, if so then yes I will just make a simple latch so it could be raised.