Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
No explanation needed:

Green Chili

2 pounds course ground chili meat
1 large yellow onion - chopped
1 cup chopped celery
1- 15 oz can diced tomatoes (not stewed)...or the equivalent of frozen from last summer's garden.
2 cans Rotel tomatoes/green chilis (your choice of original or hot) Optional: You can substitute another can of diced tomatoes.
1 Package of Williams Chili Seasoning*
(I like to add a couple small cans of mild, diced green chilis also)
One 15 oz can of red kidney beans; drained
One small can of tomato sauce

Add onions and celery and a dash of olive oil to a stew pot. Heat on high heat until onions begin to clarify; stirring often. Crumble and brown chili meat. Drain, if desired. Add the rest of the ingredients and seasoning. Cover and simmer 2 hours or so; stirring occasionally.

* I suggest Williams Chili Seasoning because it's what I use; it's not too hot, and I don't really like "hot" chili. I say use what you like and enjoy!

/ My favorite chili recipe #2  
Looks good and I'm sure it tastes good. I've never seen Williams Chili Seasoning around here but I see Amazon sells it, so I'll buy some and try it out.

I've never eaten chili with chopped celery, it just isn't done in these parts, but the rest of the recipe is tempting. Gotta love diced green chilis, I even put them in my vegetable beef soup, adds just the right "oomph" to it.

Once I get my hands on the Williams, I'll try your recipe (along with some grilled cheese sammies )and let you know how it worked for me.

Have you ever tried browning your chili meat with baking soda and a dab of water? It seems to keep the meat's moisture level highers

/ My favorite chili recipe
Looks good and I'm sure it tastes good. I've never seen Williams Chili Seasoning around here but I see Amazon sells it, so I'll buy some and try it out.

I've never eaten chili with chopped celery, it just isn't done in these parts, but the rest of the recipe is tempting. Gotta love diced green chilis, I even put them in my vegetable beef soup, adds just the right "oomph" to it.

Once I get my hands on the Williams, I'll try your recipe (along with some grilled cheese sammies )and let you know how it worked for me.

Have you ever tried browning your chili meat with baking soda and a dab of water? It seems to keep the meat's moisture level highers

Using baking soda is a new one on me...I wonder if it's kinda like brining ? As for the celery, I ate some chili at a cookoff once that I really liked, and the girl who made it told me about using celery. It sounded strange at first, but I use it very generously in my stew, so I tried it and really liked it.

I'm sure that any other chili seasoning that you like would probably be ok, it's just that I've used Williams for ever it seems...and yeah, would like your opinion. If you like it, I have my own recipe for beef stew I'll gladly share!!