My Favorite Cole Slaw Recipe

/ My Favorite Cole Slaw Recipe #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
If you like Cole Slaw, you will love this one. It is not sweet, but a bit vinegary. It is especially good with seafood, and especially fried fish. It is either a clone, or an original recipe that was used by a local seafood restaurant many years ago. I don't know which it is, but it is excellent in any case. I am posting it because I am sure you will say it is the best you have ever eaten.

2lane's Cole Slaw​

1 head of cabbage (approx. 2 pounds), Shredded
1 medium yellow onion
2 medium carrots, grated
1/4 cup sugar, plus one tablespoon
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/3 cup salad oil
1 - 2 cloves garlic (or more, to taste)
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)

Shred cabbage and onion. Mix in bowl with grated carrots. Cover with 1/4 cup of sugar and set aside.
Boil vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, mustard, celery seed and garlic. Pour over cabbage while hot. Mix well, then stir in salad oil and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
This slaw is good anytime, but is especially good with fish and seafood.

/ My Favorite Cole Slaw Recipe #2  
Nice cole slaw recipe you posted.

I like red cabbage (usually just a 1/2 cabbage if it is just for the two of us), but green is good too - fresh grown and sliced thin and chopped.
Red onion sliced thin and chopped.
I grate carrots in, add raisins, some walnuts.
Mayo (I like the stuff made with olive oil.)
I add cilantro (a lot), basil, smoked paprika, turmeric or curry, black pepper.
Two table spoons of demara sugar (or brown sugar).
Teaspoon (+) of cider vinegar.

If I skip the mayo, I'll add some olive oil and a little more vinegar.

I never use salt.

I mix the ingredients - and then serve myself or anyone who would like some. A day later in the refrigerator- the taste has developed- little stronger. Delicious either way.

/ My Favorite Cole Slaw Recipe #3  
Cole slaw is about the only way my wife will eat cabbage, I usually make it similar to tcreeley. Mayonnaise does not agree with me at all, but if I substitute Miracle Whip (or equiv) and use it sparingly it's fine.
I tend to prefer it freshly made as opposed to sitting in the fridge for a couple days.

/ My Favorite Cole Slaw Recipe
Cole slaw is about the only way my wife will eat cabbage, I usually make it similar to tcreeley. Mayonnaise does not agree with me at all, but if I substitute Miracle Whip (or equiv) and use it sparingly it's fine.
I tend to prefer it freshly made as opposed to sitting in the fridge for a couple days.

This stuff gets better after sitting a while in the frige. I think the garlic has something to do with it.