My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
The cooking time on this is much shorter, so it doesn't take as long to make as beef stew, and is very good...any time!

Sharn Jean's Taco Soup

Ingredients

2 pounds ground beef

1 medium yellow onion, chopped

1 package dry Ranch salad dressing mix

1-16oz. can Ranch style beans (drained)

1-16oz can pinto beans (drained)

1-10oz. can of Rotel Tomatoes

Fresh green chiles, to taste (chopped). I usually use at least two of the 7oz. cans of the mild, chopped green chiles...or... I usually have some roasted green Hatch peppers in the freezer (mild); if I do, I will add 3 or 4 of these instead, after peeling, removing the seeds, and chopping them.

1 package dry taco seasoning

1-16oz. can of whole kernel corn (drained)

3-16oz. cans of diced tomatoes

Brown Meat in stew pot, drain fat and add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat until hot.

Last edited:
   / My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #2  
Sounds good, adding it to this week's shopping list. Thanks

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #3  
Dayum! I think I need to fix a pot of that for supper tonight! Looks good.

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #4  
2Lane - tried out the soup and it was delicious, everybody loved it.

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe
2Lane - tried out the soup and it was delicious, everybody loved it.

Thank you. It's a big hit around here too. I can eat it a couple days straight...if it lasts that long. My grandsons are real chow hounds, so left overs are usually not a problem.

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #6  
Made it yesterday, just in the crock pot, very yummy, and even better tonight. Thanks for the recipe.

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #7  
Yeah, forgot to mention that I also used the crockpot. We've got several slow cookers and they're my go to thing for anything that needs to be simmered in since I prepare the meals in the morning, then leave the house for pretty much all day. Got to love crock pots - the lazy man's way to cook up some fine meals

Made it yesterday, just in the crock pot, very yummy, and even better tonight. Thanks for the recipe.

Super! Thank you!

Yeah, forgot to mention that I also used the crockpot. We've got several slow cookers and they're my go to thing for anything that needs to be simmered in since I prepare the meals in the morning, then leave the house for pretty much all day. Got to love crock pots - the lazy man's way to cook up some fine meals

How did you handle browning the meat...or did you? Did you just put the whole thing in the crockpot, set it and forget it? That would be a super easy way to fix it...the prep time would be cut way down. I would like to know your technique; Sharn Jean likes the crockpot method of cooking...me not so much, especially for things like pulled pork. Hard to beat the Big Green Egg.

Fixed a pot of the Taco Soup yesterday; only difference I used the coarse "chili" ground hamburger.

/ My Favorite Taco Soup Recipe #10  
I did brown the ground beef in a skillet first drained the fat, then just loaded up the Crock-Pot. I love coming home to the house smelling so good. Plus we use those Crock-Pot bags for easy clean up. We are going to make it again soon.