My Industrial Cabin Build

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
Gotta do what needs done the worse. You never get it all done.

s219

Tractor
Kubota L3200, Deere X380, Kubota RTV-X
I was talking to a farmer at our local VFD fish fry a few years back about how busy we stay living in the country, and his words were "you're never caught up". So true. Always something to do.

japody

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 4000 & 5000, New Holland TN65, Mahindrda 2516
I was talking to a farmer at our local VFD fish fry a few years back about how busy we stay living in the country, and his words were "you're never caught up". So true. Always something to do.
My wife is always adding items to the list of things to do. The list is a mile long. I actually was able to cross one off yesterday. I couldn't believe it.

#2,296  
OP
WoodChuckDad

WoodChuckDad

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320 Power Shuttle Cab, Komatsu PC130-6
My house will be 24 yrs this fall. I still have my “punch list” on the fridge from then of things that need finished.

I made a list of things that need to be done before we can get the electric inspection. I crossed attic stairs off thenlist last weekend and my wife added two things to the list. I said “hey. You need to draw a line separating those into two different lists. You dont get to add things to my list. “
She laughed.

I dropped another video this morning.

Attic stairs installed on both sides of the house.

#2,297  
OP
WoodChuckDad

WoodChuckDad

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320 Power Shuttle Cab, Komatsu PC130-6
I made a list of things that need to be done before we can get the electric inspection. I crossed attic stairs off thenlist last weekend and my wife added two things to the list. I said “hey. You need to draw a line separating those into two different lists. You dont get to add things to my list. “
She laughed.

I dropped another video this morning.

Attic stairs installed on both sides of the house.

It might help if include a link.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
A balloon lands near me quite often. Never in my field, but across the road, or down the road.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Did you leave the bottom of attic stairs frame 1/2” below so the drywall butts against it?

dstig1

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC, JD X738 Mower, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)
You realize you are supposed to double up the joists on either side of those attic stair openings since you had to cut a joist to put it in?

No need to frame it in 1/2" low, just put a 1x4 mitered frame around the opening, or use door casing trim. There are many ways to handle finishing it... Either way works, and you can come up with others.