My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,351  
All of the beams and post will show. We will ise someone the cutoffs from post and beam for shelving. And the fir headers I put in the hallways will show.
Also a couple accents. The windows will all be trimmed out with white wood except the office. Not sure if I will use Cherry or Walnut there. Leaning toward walnut.

Put another video yesterday. More foaming. And a real nice Bass in the opening scene.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,352  
I'm impressed with all the effort you are putting into with the foaming. I had no idea that the roof panels had so much air between each panel. Seeing the foam come out of the holes you drilled really shows how important it is to add the foam like you are doing.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,353  
I wonder how many people build a SIPs house and then don't do as thorough a job with the post-install foam sealing. Quite the chore.

Obviously there is no need or space for regret, but at this point, would you build with SIPs again?

#2,354  
Thanks for the recognition of the effort involved. I should have done this almost as soon as the roof was on. If I had it to do again I would drill and foam the whole thing from above.
Would I build with sips again. I think so. But I would use a company that installs the wooden splines before the sips ship. That would save a ton of labor. We have limited flat area so moving the sips around is hard. But I would re-arrange them into piles that would lend to quick assembly. I would hire 4or 5 people and a crane. At least I think that I would. I believe I could do it faster and not spend more money. Or not much more money. I like the feel of the house. i like the sound of the rain on the roof. I like how tight it is and how insulated. But all that knowledge would only be available on a second build. You have to learn the painful lessons to know these things.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,355  
Still lurking. That was a good video. Nice fish. Beautiful pond. Nice home in progress. Your wifey has really pretty blue eyes. (my family is all blue eyed).

Keep up the hard work. It's paying off.

Your long sloped front lawn will be nice to land your helicopter when you get one. :)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,356  
Any solar panels in your future?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,357  
Not all SIPs have gaps like that. Mine did not ( but I did wall panels only in SIPs). They would run a bead of sealant/foam down the center of the existing panel just before they put the next one on to seal them together. All seams were taped from the inside to avoid moisture/air migration from the interior

#2,359  
Any solar panels in your future?

Our electric company ran power and put a transformer about 50 yds from the house, when I had a camper over there and had my building permit approved. I will be on the grid. I plan to have a propane generator and would like to put some supplemental panels or wind turbines up in the future. But that would be years away.

#2,360  
Still lurking. That was a good video. Nice fish. Beautiful pond. Nice home in progress. Your wifey has really pretty blue eyes. (my family is all blue eyed).

Keep up the hard work. It's paying off.

Your long sloped front lawn will be nice to land your helicopter when you get one. :)

Two of my kids have blue eyes. The ones who are not genetically mine don’t.

A helicopter would be very cool.