My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,381  
Might want to look at some type of lubricant to put on the outside of the PEX to help it slide more easily in the PVC. No idea what would be effective and not harm PEX, but something must exist. I'd start by looking at graphite powder maybe.

Rob

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,382  
How many buried 2" pipes below the slab? Is a gas line going through one of those? Can a pex water line be pulled in with a gas line in one of the 2"? The other 2" could be used for another water pex if necessary.

I relly like a previous post about running a single pex for domestic water, say 3/4" or even 1". And connect that to a storage tank, and then feed one line to a water heater for hot water and another line from this storage tank for cold water. That storage tank could be a unconnected water heater.

Just some thoughts. Enjoying your build. Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,383  
Yes yes yes.

We bought a house last year. Once in, discovered it took 75 seconds for the water in the Master shower to heat. Doesn’t seem like a long time but just sit and count to 75.

MoKelly

When I sit and ponder in the morning, I turn on the hot water. It’s hot before I’m done pondering.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,385  
How many buried 2" pipes below the slab? Is a gas line going through one of those? Can a pex water line be pulled in with a gas line in one of the 2"? The other 2" could be used for another water pex if necessary.

I relly like a previous post about running a single pex for domestic water, say 3/4" or even 1". And connect that to a storage tank, and then feed one line to a water heater for hot water and another line from this storage tank for cold water. That storage tank could be a unconnected water heater.

Just some thoughts. Enjoying your build. Jon

There are three pipes. Originally I planned one to be for a gas line. Can’t do that. Not code. And apparently dangerous. If there is a leak the gas accumulates instead of dissipating in the soil. So after looking at the energy requirements for electric tankless heater, I decided that I would just run the line across and deal with the hot water delay. If it is a problem I will address it later. Currently this is a guest area. The laundry is over there but I doubt a 1 gallon delay in hot water will make much difference.

The master bath is 15-20 feet from the heater. The run to the kitchen sink is less than 40.

#2,386  
Dropped another video. Worked last night foaming the walls I am wasting a ton of foam but I just want it done at this point. I think that in two more evenings, I can get the whole darn place foamed and start working on something else.
On July 1, I start going back to the office on a regular basis, so that will cut down my after work building a bit.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,387  
GOATS🐐- Really? Why would you do that to Paradise?:eek:

Last edited:
#2,389  
The plan is for a good electric fence. My wife wanted some goats and donkeys. I said the only way we get goats is if we can eat them and sell them so we are looking at Kikos. And they will eat a lot of the stuff and turn it into meat.