My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,411  
Also need power for the cookstove vent.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,412  
Dedicated line for the microwave

Outside outlets, especially by the doors and the porches.

Will you have a light post or any sort of street lights?

Ceiling fans with lights are nicer when they have a switch for the light and dimmer for the fan speed.

Outlets on both sides of the bathroom vanity.

Light over the shower

Light over the kitchen sink

Porch lights and dusk to dawn lights around the house

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,413  
Dedicated line for the microwave

Outside outlets, especially by the doors and the porches.

Will you have a light post or any sort of street lights?

Ceiling fans with lights are nicer when they have a switch for the light and dimmer for the fan speed.

Outlets on both sides of the bathroom vanity.

Light over the shower

Light over the kitchen sink

Porch lights and dusk to dawn lights around the house

Microwave is run. Ceiling lights, fan and front outside lights get run after drywall.
Vent is run. Back light and outlet will be run today.
Have a solar street light lined up. Motion lights not attached to the house will be solar unless on the barn.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,414  
I keep a spreadsheet which lists all circuits, each outlet on each circuit

Ex. R1 is first receptacle circuit. Outlets labeled R11, R12, R13, etc. I list room and what’s plugged in. Light circuits L1, L2, etc
Then I list other 2pole breakers like AC, water heater, etc.
I also have a panel schedule in a spreadsheet. Here’s a partial view.
IMG_4789.JPG

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,415  
Make sure you install your outside lights a reasonable distance from the door. You can still see well enough to enter/exit the house but all the bugs are attracted to a point that is not close to the door.

#3,416  
I stayed late tonight. I am still not done but the 3 bedroom side of the house is mostly wired up to the panel. I puled the dryer line and wired it in. I will be. Trying to get all the materials for the AC line this week. I am getting close but it feels like I am creeping sometimes. We live across the road from a from a large commercial orchard. They put on a large fireworks display that Jefanna said was the best she has seen. I was still at our house, working on the panel. When I came home the air is thick with gunpowder smoke. she videoed it on her phone so I will watch that in a little bit while I have a beer.
I am pretty happy with this 100 amp sub panel.

IMG_7412.jpg

IMG_7411.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,417  
It is coming along very nicely. Not sure if you mentioned it here or on YT, but have you considered a whole house surge protector? Either mounted at the meter base or in the main panel at service entry.

#3,418  
It is coming along very nicely. Not sure if you mentioned it here or on YT, but have you considered a whole house surge protector? Either mounted at the meter base or in the main panel at service entry.

I have one in a box. Have not even read the instructions on how to implement it.

#3,419  
I ordered my Air conditioning equipment today. 3 mini split systems. Jefanna said we should just focus on getting moved in first and worry about AC later. I said “No Way.”
When I was a child I lived in Africa for 3 years, in Liberia. When I was 11, we moved to a house in Culpepper Va. We didn’t have Air Conditioning until I was 16 years old. I ‘m not going back to that.
Plus, these units can heat down to -13. While they are not my primary heating choice. Knowing that we are operational for heat and A/C beyond a wood stove And windows will be a great comfort. We had a power outage this winter that lasted several days. The house we rent was cold. In our house, I will be able to keep the wood stove going and keep us warm. Eventually I will get a whole house Generator hooked up and we will be able to enjoy more comforts of civilization under those circumstances.
I made a new list today, of all the things I need to get done to get ready for drywall. I think I have everything on this list but I thought that last time. There are about 8 things on it. We will see.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,420  
I grew up without AC. Dad still doesn’t have it.