My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,632  
Whoa, are you gonna like, actually live in this house someday?

I kid, I kid. Hard work is paying off. And patience/perseverance. Gonna feel a lot different in there soon!

It has been a journey and sometimes has seemed impossible. It seems less impossible today.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,633  
So, how many hours of siding and HVAC work is left? They sound like a good focus while the drywallers are there and the weather is still nice.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,634  
That light looks very intriguing thanks for sharing

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,636  
Thanks, It looks less. I know my barn at 4/12 gets slick with dirt on it.
My house is 3.5/12 pitch, standing-seam metal. It was pretty slick when new, when dusty. But particularly more so when it was dewey or of course during wet weather. But! Then after a couple years it gradually accumulated a patina of grit and grime, and now i can basically walk on it wet, with good sneakers (carefully). Gets less slick with time unless you keep it scrubbed clean

#3,637  
So, how many hours of siding and HVAC work is left? They sound like a good focus while the drywallers are there and the weather is still nice.

That is the plan. Siding first. I will be calling today to price scaffolding rental. We cant get the tractor near the side of the house. Jefanna thinks we could do it with just ladders but she always thinks we ca go tge cheapest route no matter how difficult or dangerous that might be.

#3,638  
Well, I may be able to do some of the siding while the drywall is being finished, but the hanging is happening so fast, I am almost dizzy.
They showed up this morning at 830. Looked around and asked some questions. Phone rang soon after and my drywall guy was on the phone. The crew didn’t like the house. Basically it is a taller house than normal so it slows them down and takes more work. so we had to negotiate some more money. We worked thru that and they started flying thru the house. They should be done hanging tomorrow.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,639  
Yeah an experienced crew sure can rip through a place fast. But the "negotiate extra money"???? Did they quote it by osmosis or just reading your mind? How would they not know the basics of the layout?

I hope you got those floors covered!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,640  
Wahoo! We’re expecting several pics tomorrow. :)