My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,841  
I wouldn't sell them. That kind of equipment has gone up in price a ton, especially the last couple years. If you decide to replace it in the future, it would cost a fortune and you probably wouldn't get as good quality. What you list are all good general tools that can be very valuable for everything from basic repairs and farm stuff to real furniture, if you decide to get into it down the road.

But yeah you need an outbuilding right quick after you move in...

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,842  
I know you don’t have time to build cabinets. Took me a long time.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,843  
I know you don’t have time to build cabinets. Took me a long time.

I didn’t even consider it. The timetable is far too tight.
The uni has a 72 inch beisemeyer fence with side table. Single phase, single horsepower. I believe it was mid 80’s manufacture
6 inch delta joiner from the 40’s with cast iron art deco surround. Some idiot painted it green along the way.
I have two drill presses a delta floor model and a buffalo forge bench model. The bench model weighs at least 200 lbs. i built a special cart for it out of 2x4’s. Photo Index - Buffalo Forge Co. - No. 14 Drill Press | VintageMachinery.org
I would want to keep at least one of the drill press. I would expect that any thing I do in the future could be achieved with a much cheaper saw.

#3,844  
Hope you'all had a great Thanksgiving ! Nice to see the daughter joining you guys ...hope she is feeling better and progressing well !

I have always built our own cabinets of any kind as i have always had a complete woodshop. I have built 6 new kitchens over the years for my fav cook ! Always use cabinet grade plywood for the boxes and hardwood for the frames and doors. I do not like MDF...it just doesn't hold up and hard to attach hardware that will work loose over time.

Maybe go to a local cabinetmaker and see what they can do for you ? Probably a long lead time though.

Daughter is struggling. Just started seeing oncologist/hematologist. They still don’t have everything nailed down. Leukopenia. Neutropenia. But the do not know why. Lots of tests. Waiting for blood smears results.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,845  
When you make your own cabinets, what do you use for the doors? For the last few years, the trend for kitchen cabinets here in East Texas has been to paint them grey or white. They are almost always Shaker Style, and made out of MDF. In my opinion, they are the cheapest doors to make, and they use the cheapest materials possible. But since it's what's in fashion right now, everyone wants the exact same thing. The one advantage to MDF is how well it paints.
If i paint my cabinets ( which i normally don't do ) i use popular or some other hardwood for face frames and doors. I use my biscuit jointer to make bigger panels if over 10 inches wide. MDF is great for painting, it also mills a smooth surface for design detail.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,846  
I build similar to how Buckeye described. I use prefinished maple 3/4" cabinet ply for the cases for base units and 1/2" cabinet ply for uppers of the same species as the finish wood to match. Frame and panel doors and here I did flat front drawers, but those can be frame and panel too.

Buckeye - did you sand those? I can still see the planer marks in the false front at the sink. I've never been able to get away without sanding even for cope and stick doors as there always seems to be some slight mismatch that would bug me down the road.

Here's a shot
View attachment 771975

View attachment 771976
I luv those windows allowing the views to the outside ! One tool i don't have is a drum sander which would make sanding those panels look more smooth.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,847  
I had a wood shop. But about 18 years ago, my wife convinced me to hire a cabinet maker for a kitchen renovation. The cabinets were fantastic. Sapele shaker cabinets with lots of drawers I spent $40k on that kitchen. a friend and coworker bought the house and loves it. But I’m bot trying to drop that kind of coin, or wait months. I still have my Unisaw, joiner, drill presses and joiner but the truth is I should sell them all because I dont have a shop and wont have one gore years to come.
We bought cabinets that are plywood carcass and mdf doors. White shaker. I like shaker because it is basic and timeless
Yes...it takes time to build your own cabinets, the dear wife reminds me daily ! Keep the tools so when you build your out building they will be ready to use. You will regret it if you sell them !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,848  
1125221621.jpg

Attachments

• 1125221622.jpg
    1125221622.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
  • 1125221623.jpg
    1125221623.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
  • 1125221625.jpg
    1125221625.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • 1125221624.jpg
    1125221624.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • 1125221621a.jpg
    1125221621a.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #3,849  
First time i ever built painted cabinets, but thats what the DW wanted. I have tried many different corner cabinets and found this design at a kitchen store. Man, what a challenge it was figuring out all the angles. Really like the way they turned out. You will always have wasted space. Just never liked having to open a door first to get to things.

#3,850  
That is a very good looking kitchen