My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,281  
They are definitely handy, but if you leave the door slightly open the light stays on. That's not always noticed during the day. I also would not use them in bedrooms where you might not want a light coming on when someone is sleeping.

Yes! My wife and kids never close their closet doors. By never I mean never.

The lights were on 24/7.

MoKelly

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,282  
I have no lights in my closets, unless it is a walk in, which I consider a room. Closets have bifold doors.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,283  
The house I grew up in was built by my dad in the 50's, and it had jamb switches in a couple small closets. I built my house without them though. They are definitely handy, but if you leave the door slightly open the light stays on. That's not always noticed during the day. I also would not use them in bedrooms where you might not want a light coming on when someone is sleeping.
Years ago my BIL built a new house. Put timer motion detector switches in every room. They sucked. If sitting in the living room visiting the light would go out. He'd have to stand up to get it to come back on. He might have over thought that......

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,284  
Yes! My wife and kids never close their closet doors. By never I mean never.

The lights were on 24/7.

MoKelly
That might be a parenting issue rather than a light switch issue. :ROFLMAO:

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,286  
Years ago my BIL built a new house. Put timer motion detector switches in every room. They sucked. If sitting in the living room visiting the light would go out. He'd have to stand up to get it to come back on. He might have over thought that......
Have you ever been in a public restroom that have those motion detector switches for the lights and being in a stall when the lights shut off? And the the motion detector can't see your waving arm to turn them back on. BTDT. HaHa! Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,287  
Have you ever been in a public restroom that have those motion detector switches for the lights and being in a stall when the lights shut off? And the the motion detector can't see your waving arm to turn them back on. BTDT. HaHa! Jon

Our church building has them in the restrooms. They don’t turn off for at least a half hour. I think all the classrooms have them also.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,288  
The last couple days, I have spent my energy in the orchard and in the fields. Grass is growing and trees need tending and fences need mending. For some reason, a cut field keeps my wife sane.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,289  
Saner. Or sane-ish aren’t really words are they?