My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,561  
Nice buck

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,562  
Way to give her a knotty chunk to split :oops:

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,564  
Watched your firewood vid yesterday. Go get the splitter, man! Sheesh.

how many ibc totes do you have? I only saw 3. Youre going to need a lot more than 3. I have 12 and its almost not enough for my efficient small home. I can get through a Michigan winter with less than 12, but you ought to stay a year ahead of your needs.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,565  
Don’t you hate when the job work gets in the way of the fun work.

I should probably cut one of my totes for firewood storage, I haven’t used any yet for water.

Hope you get truck fixed soon.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,566  
Way to give her a knotty chunk to split :oops:

I gave her 3 pieces. I told her to start with the piece that was already split. She doesn’t listen to me. And she is so flippin competitive it’s dangerous.

#2,567  
Watched your firewood vid yesterday. Go get the splitter, man! Sheesh.

how many ibc totes do you have? I only saw 3. Youre going to need a lot more than 3. I have 12 and its almost not enough for my efficient small home. I can get through a Michigan winter with less than 12, but you ought to stay a year ahead of your needs.

Deezler, I was in Michigan during winter about 1969 or 1970. My grandfather died and my mom loaded us kids into a 1964 AMC rambler and drove from Miami to Detroit. Winter in Virginia isn’t winter in Michigan by any stretch of the imagination.
We have 8 totes total. 3 are being used for water and 4 are filled with fire wood. I will acquire more. My guess is that I will burn 3-4 cords of wood. But that is just a guess. This year we will only be there on weekends and a few week nights so I will be stoking up the stove trying to be comfortable and charge the cement with heat enough to keep the place comfortable. I expect to lose the battle but I’m fighting it no matter what. Where we lived before, I had a large insert jammed into chimney on the far end of a 2 story 2300 sf house. I kept about 9 cord of wood and burned 3 a year. I designed this house to be much more efficient with wood heat and I am hoping that I was correct in my guestimations. Only time will tell.

As for the splitter. I am sure it will need service and hopefully not a new engine. It has an old Tucumseh 10 HP (made in USA) motor but It’s been idle for a few years.

#2,568  
Btw. Dripped another video yesterday.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,570  
Firing up that pump caused more than a drip from that hose.