My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,611  
A second tractor? Do tell!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,612  
A second tractor? Do tell!

Well, it’s made in America.
Jefanna has been asking me to teach her to use the rotary cutter. When things are overgrown, it makes her very anxious. She gets overwhelmed by the visual and starts to doubt that we can ever make this place a decent home.
I walked into a local power equipment place looking for the Stihl chainsaw sharpener you guys mentioned. I walked in, saw Echo saws, did an about face and headed back to the truck. As I was climbing in the truck I saw a used compact tractor with a cutting deck.
My 7th wedding anniversary is coming up. And being the romantic guy I am, I I started working on a deal to give my wife something she can mow the front field with. There is no way that I’m turning her loose in the Kioti, with a 7 foot rotary cutter on the kind of terrain we have. She uses the Kioti and is really good in it but some of the stuff I have cut with that thing is just too sketchy. And sometimes, she gets flustered and I just don’t want that situation. Something smaller, closer to the ground and better visibility seemed like the correct tool.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,613  
I like your mowing plan - is it an OE belly mower under the CUT? Definitely much easier to use. But dude, now you need to start on the barn, can't have everything sitting outside forever.... 🤪

Glad you have a floor drain in your mechanical room. Our architect forgot to put one on our plumbing plan, and the seasoned, grizzly old master plumber we subbed decided it wasn't his responsibility to consider it either. So my water heater has to sit in a pan, taking up more room. F^&(**ng stupid.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,614  
No drain and no pan on my WH.

Hope tractor works out.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,615  
Waiting patiently for pictures of Jefanna on her new toy! Opps, I ment tractor! Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,616  
Well, it’s made in America.
Jefanna has been asking me to teach her to use the rotary cutter. When things are overgrown, it makes her very anxious. She gets overwhelmed by the visual and starts to doubt that we can ever make this place a decent home.
I walked into a local power equipment place looking for the Stihl chainsaw sharpener you guys mentioned. I walked in, saw Echo saws, did an about face and headed back to the truck. As I was climbing in the truck I saw a used compact tractor with a cutting deck.
My 7th wedding anniversary is coming up. And being the romantic guy I am, I I started working on a deal to give my wife something she can mow the front field with. There is no way that I’m turning her loose in the Kioti, with a 7 foot rotary cutter on the kind of terrain we have. She uses the Kioti and is really good in it but some of the stuff I have cut with that thing is just too sketchy. And sometimes, she gets flustered and I just don’t want that situation. Something smaller, closer to the ground and better visibility seemed like the correct tool.
What's wrong with Echo saws? For me it's the easiest saw to start .

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,617  
A quick sketch of the mechanical room. And yes there is a drain built into the floor.
View attachment 714948
- Suggest if you do a Combi Heat/DHW wall mount unit - Rinnai make a good unit that is modulating and this means only one Propane connection, vent etc and saves space. Also you have 3 heat sources - Wood, Mini Splits, and the Boiler, so likely the radiant is for BR's and comfort.
- Have you had the water tested for hardness and minerals? Also how does it taste? If its decent then defer the softener until later. Also, we had hard water in PA but did not like the "softened water taste" so ran the sink and drinking kitchen sink supply line non softened.
- Drain's - the softener needs a drain connection and the water tank, and boiler need a drain nearby - the softener recycles every week or so depending on the hardness. You could route the softener drain to the toilet vent stack behind the room as an option.

Attachments

• Mech Room .pdf
    59.7 KB · Views: 65
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #2,618  
If you do end up with an on-demand water heater be advised that even moderately hard water will destroy them in short order. Ask me how I know... A softener is critical from day 1. Don't put it off.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,619  
What's wrong with Echo saws? For me it's the easiest saw to start .

I was looking for a Stihl sharpener. So I figured if they sold echo, they wouldn’t have the sharpener.
I own a husky, a Stihl , two Dolmar and a Makita (rebranded Dolmar). I run saws that run well, have the proper inertia brake and provide good value for my dollar. Brand is a factor but isn’t the only factor.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,620  
Are you looking for that Stihl 2-in-1 sharpener that takes down the rakers and sharpens the cutters in one shot? That is made by Pferd and several companies re-brand it. Amazon has the Stihl ones and Pferd ones.

Pferd: https://amzn.to/3oocogi

Stihl: https://amzn.to/3a0qjAp