My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,841  
Here is the offset filled in with next piece.

IMG_2704.JPG

I think it’s battens on 16” oc. So that is probably 32” wide piece at the top.
I think the piece above the door should have straight edge on both sides (if z channel ends at that batten joint above the door. ).

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #2,842  
Buckeye your explanation makes sense now ! Not sure though i would want that layout as it looks like a chance for a water leak increases. The width of the offset looks wider than the batten. Don't you put your batten centered on the panel seam ? Will be interested on how the finish layout will look like.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,843  
You guys have a good eye. I am somewhat cursing myself with that piece. It was the first piece I put up on the front. I reasoned that a solid piece from window to door top would be less likely to leak. However, These are 10 foot sheets cut down to 113 inches. The bottom section will be visibly separated by a piece of drip edge and a piece of trim. Lower section has “boards “ 16 inches wide and upper section 12 inches wide.
There is also a small roof over the door that I am not building until we do the cement work out front.
After doing that first piece I abandoned the idea of putting larger pieced under the windows. But because I have to come back and probably cut away some siding there anyway, I am leaving it for now.

I tried to answer these questions earlier in the week but it has been a rough one. Spent an evening in ER with daughter. She has some virus that can’t be pinpointed. That is their best guess right now.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,844  
I have an random question about bolting angle iron together. I have bench legs that i am putting on a butcher block top to make a desk. The two pieces of angle iron came with a nut, a bolt, a split washer and a flat washer. No instructions. Would you guys stack it nut, split washer, flat washer, angle iron and bolt head ( obviously nut and washers are on threaded part of bolt).
Like this? Or would you put the flat washer on the side with bolt head?
image-2021-12-04-10:04:03-237.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,845  
I don't seen any reason for the washer. Throw it away.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she has a full and quick recovery!!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,848  
Lock washer always goes against the nut with washer between the object and the lock washer. Hope you can get your daughter's health issue worked out !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,849  
Lower section has “boards “ 16 inches wide and upper section 12 inches wide.

I tried to answer these questions earlier in the week but it has been a rough one. Spent an evening in ER with daughter. She has some virus that can’t be pinpointed. That is their best guess right now.

That explains the offset.

Pray your daughter gets well soon.