My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,851  
Thanks. The washer thing has always been a little confusing to me. Add nonslip nuts to the equation and it gets even better.
My daughter has been dealing with autoimmune issues for the last year. They diagnosed her with POTS earlier this year and she seemed to be doing well during the summer. Cause is unknown (although they suggested covid could have triggered it). and the reason for the most resent flareup is unknown.
I posted a video this morning.
Got siding on the front of the house (lower section) and pit some paint up.
Had big plans today and naturally things went sideways. I took the Ventrac into the orchard and got it stuck. Tried the tractor to get it out and ended up having Jefanna drive down and get me out with her jeep.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,852  
Nice you got the bottom done. How will you get the z channel in the small groove in the offset discussed earlier?

#2,854  
Nice you got the bottom done. How will you get the z channel in the small groove in the offset discussed earlier?

There is a small gap there so I should be able to slide the drip edge in from the side.

#2,855  
Prayers for your daughter. Have they done a Lyme test?

They tested last year when she had her first go round with autoimmune issues. I just mentioned to my wife to ask for a lyme test. She is heading to my daughters place to go with her to follow up appointments. Basically they are restarting the entire screening process checking for Lupus, cancer, etc.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,856  
Praying that they are able to help your daughter figure it out.

My wife has been a RN for 30 years and it wasn't until she recovered from Cancer did her doctors figure out that she has Lupus. It was so mild that it never showed up on any tests before then. The treatment for her cancer weekend her immune system to the point that her Lupus became stronger and more noticeable. She was prescribed Hydroxychloroquine to fight the Lupus.

Until they finally identified the Lupus, she was struggling with a variety of issues that nobody could figure out what it was. Modern Medicine is still a lot of guessing.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,857  
They tested last year when she had her first go round with autoimmune issues. I just mentioned to my wife to ask for a lyme test. She is heading to my daughters place to go with her to follow up appointments. Basically they are restarting the entire screening process checking for Lupus, cancer, etc.
Interesting... my 37 year old son has been going through this for the last couple of years. Doc's can document the damage but really have no clue as to what is going on. Hope you get some answers.

#2,858  
Dr took one look at her and ordered ER visit. So they did a bunch of blood tests including drug screens. My wife and daughter were both a little miffed by that. I am not. Drug users aren’t known for their veracity. I was actually encouraged since that meant they w ere being logical and thorough. But then they did a pregnancy test. They did one Thursday night also which seems like they are not being so thorough. It is frustrating. They came back with nothing in the end. Two bags of IV fluids and some anti nausea meds helped a lot. Then they sent her home. I am pissed this cycle has to stop. She cant get into a regular dr to get properly evaluated and screened. They send her to ER. Who makes sure she isnt dying today then boots hernout the door with follow up orders for drs she cant get in to see for a month. The medical system is oversubscribed. Tomorrow we start making appointments in Richmond. It is 2 hour drive for her but they can see her before next month.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,859  
Sorry to hear that, it's got to be causing a lot of worry for you all. Can you get hooked up with an internal medicine doc? They are really good at what I'd call "troubleshooting" for lack of a better word. Much better at it than a normal primary care or family care doc.

Does she drink enough water? It can really help when fighting known or mystery afflictions. I have a friend who is a doc and he says many problems they see are compounded by dehydration. When people get ill, they tend to slow down water intake and it makes everything worse.

#2,860  
We just got a call from the ER nurse who was there last visit. We had asked for Lyme test and any other tick borne illness tests. She has Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Starts a course of doxycycline today. Crossing our fingers for some quick recovery. They are notifying her cardiologist as well.
I appreciate all the helpful suggestions and DM that I got on this.
It is a strange thing to be happy about but it gives us somewhere to start. My wife was in tears.