My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,101  
Layout the wire first, then slide each section of conduit over it and join them one by one in place. Works much easier if you don't have pulling equipment. The only thing I would advise is before you slip a piece of conduit onto the wire, take a knife/file/sandpaper/deburring tool and take the sharp edge off the inside of the conduit so it doesn't scrape the insulation. If you have a big enough step drill bit (Unibit) you can use that at low speed to do it too. You just need to kill the sharp edge so it doesn't gouge in.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,102  
BTW,, your last video was great, but do you ever wonder if you are working that amazing young lady a little too hard?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,103  
Layout the wire first, then slide each section of conduit over it and join them one by one in place. Works much easier if you don't have pulling equipment. The only thing I would advise is before you slip a piece of conduit onto the wire, take a knife/file/sandpaper/deburring tool and take the sharp edge off the inside of the conduit so it doesn't scrape the insulation. If you have a big enough step drill bit (Unibit) you can use that at low speed to do it too. You just need to kill the sharp edge so it doesn't gouge in.
While certainly easier, this is not allowed by code if that matters in this circumstance. All conduit has to be in place and connected before any wire is pulled. Based on his past comments re inspection, there is a chance the trench with conduit in place without wires will need to be inspected before pulling.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,104  
My driveway is 1/2 mile. There is a transformer and then there is about 300-350 feet to the house. I dont know how much voltage is going to the transformer.
My pole transformer was over 300 ft from the new barn. So they set a pad transformer in which reduced the length to 200 ft. That let them just run 240 volt to the barn. meter.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,105  
This is same as I have done - I run the "bell" or socket end first. If you lay the wire our straight (out of the trench) its easier and cleaner on grass, then pull into trench then add sweeps to go thru well cap and into house.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,106  
With that soil being rocky in parts are you going to put a layer of sand in the trench first before laying the water pipe in the trench ? The rocky soil will have a chance to cut the water pipe over time ? Your excavator paid you great dividends !!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,107  
While certainly easier, this is not allowed by code if that matters in this circumstance. All conduit has to be in place and connected before any wire is pulled. Based on his past comments re inspection, there is a chance the trench with conduit in place without wires will need to be inspected before pulling.
I've never heard this, but then I've never had wire in the ground inspected before. I have always dug the trench, unrolled the wire and slid the conduit over the wire before burying all of it method.

What is the reasoning for this not being code?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,108  
With that soil being rocky in parts are you going to put a layer of sand in the trench first before laying the water pipe in the trench ? The rocky soil will have a chance to cut the water pipe over time ? Your excavator paid you great dividends !!!

The majority of rock is a sandstone that dissolves when you put pressure on it. There are just a few pieces of quartz and I kicked them over to the side.
Oddly enough, I called the county and asked about inspecting the trench. They said they didnt do that becausenit falls under department of health. I called them and they said they only inspect the well and a sample of water not the trench. I was rather surprised.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,109  
Eddie,

I agree with you on this especially where this will either be UF or Submersible pump wire, which both can be direct buried, without a conduit, and only the portion that is exposed requires a conduit specifically.

I usually put two pieces together slide them on, and keep doing this for all the straight pipe, then feeding wire through the elbows on and fitting into the house or well head.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,110  

The excavator has made many things possible. There is a lot of extra maintenance that comes with it, but it is great to have.