My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,501  
I have watched WIld Wonderful Off Grid for a couple years. I studied her filming because I think they have some of the best around. They are fill time builders/farmers/investors s now. That helps. I do all my filming with Go Pros. When we finally move in I will add a nicer camera hut right now they get the crap beat out of them and I don’t know if things will ever slow down enough for me to get very fancy with filming.

Just dropped video of pulling porch light wires and AC electrical wiring.

The thumbnail is Just me. And I don’t think it’s gonna get a lot of Eye candy clicks.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,502  
Had never watched any of them. I'm guessing the smoking hot wife improves the view counts... :rolleyes:
I didn't bother to watch. The picture turned me off.

The OP here has a smoking hot wife as well and his wife is in most of his videos. She is a hard working woman and a tremendous asset to this project. She is never provocative or flashy in any manner. I respect him and her both and appreciate the hours spent on producing the videos of this project. Quality videos don't need to be "sold" with trashiness.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,503  
I'm in the middle of finishing a door, so basically watching paint dry here, so I already watched it...

Make sure you come back and seal those electrical boxes to the siding with very flexible caulk, preferably paintable. Otherwise that is a big risk for water intrusion. Also I'm not sure your outside electric outlet will meet code. The past several versions have required "in-use" boxes so that they remain waterproof when you have a cord plugged in. Your box did not look like that type but it is hard to tell in the video. Unfortunately, most of them have that ugly bubble to meet code but there are some other options.

You must be very lucky. I have never been able to push wire through liquidtite conduit for any length. I always had to run a pull cord first as it would hang up otherwise no matter how I taped the ends.

Keep plugging away!!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,504  
You guys ae most diffidently getting your 'Industrial' look you wanted....looks great ! That long of a run i always put wire lube on the wire bundle...makes life easier when pulling or pushing .

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,505  
I'm still trying to understand how the framing works to accommodate the drywall. I think this came up before. For example, how will the ceiling drywall attach in the utility room where the electric panel and plumbing manifolds are located? Will there be strapping, or will the drywall attach directly to the joists? What about around the perimeter? There should be something solid behind the sheetrock along all the edges to support it and to have something to screw into? Otherwise all the corner joints will crack. It seems there is still a bunch of framing to do?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,506  
Thumbnails are tough to chose. We sometimes pose for the thumbnails but they have to be pertinent to the video. Thumbnails that have my wife in them generally do better than the ones of me. Shocker. My Daughter will be moving home in December so she will cameo in some of the videos. Especially when we start having animals.
You tube is a hobby for me. I have managed to make my payments on the Ventrac with the ad revenue but it I certainly am not gonna quit my day job. Wild wonderful and some others like Real Simple Living etc are full time Youtubers. They have to have views or they don’t eat. They are very successful and work hard at it but for every one of them, there are Ten Thousand like me. I get about ten contacts a week trying to get me to advertise a product. 2 years ago I couldn’t wait to get to this point. I am just now accepting my first advertisement offer. We did one sponsored video early this year but I contacted them because I wanted their product. Lots of the companies want you to read a script that is BS. And I have been asked to advertise things that I would never buy. I guess I don’t have the killer instinct because I just won’t do it.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,507  
eh, good for you. Keep it a hobby that pays some bills but doesn't take over your life and make you sell out to keep it flowing.

I browse around a lot of channels but the ones that pander to corporations for free products are obvious and gross, and I stop watching. Outdoors with morgans comes to mind, they praise the crap out of every free gizmo that comes their way, yuck.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,508  
Thumbnails are tough to chose. We sometimes pose for the thumbnails but they have to be pertinent to the video. Thumbnails that have my wife in them generally do better than the ones of me. Shocker. My Daughter will be moving home in December so she will cameo in some of the videos. Especially when we start having animals.
You tube is a hobby for me. I have managed to make my payments on the Ventrac with the ad revenue but it I certainly am not gonna quit my day job. Wild wonderful and some others like Real Simple Living etc are full time Youtubers. They have to have views or they don’t eat. They are very successful and work hard at it but for every one of them, there are Ten Thousand like me. I get about ten contacts a week trying to get me to advertise a product. 2 years ago I couldn’t wait to get to this point. I am just now accepting my first advertisement offer. We did one sponsored video early this year but I contacted them because I wanted their product. Lots of the companies want you to read a script that is BS. And I have been asked to advertise things that I would never buy. I guess I don’t have the killer instinct because I just won’t do it.
I always wondered about YT videos where the thumbnail isn't something in the video. Didn't know that is an entirely separate thing. In general I hate that because it is misleading. You see it a lot on things like 'equipment fail videos' or 'worst stuck ever'.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,509  
eh, good for you. Keep it a hobby that pays some bills but doesn't take over your life and make you sell out to keep it flowing.

I browse around a lot of channels but the ones that pander to corporations for free products are obvious and gross, and I stop watching. Outdoors with morgans comes to mind, they praise the crap out of every free gizmo that comes their way, yuck.

Mike just discussed that false statement in a recent video.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,510  
Mike just discussed that false statement in a recent video.
Lol ok, might be 100% true but I’ll never know now, and never care because his videos felt like a complete sellout. Or should i believe he just had a random $150-200,000 to blow on equipment within a one year span with no stated job or income source?

Either way, who cares, really. Vastly prefer forums like here where everyone’s input feels genuine. Social media and click-bait ADHD videos are the death of modern society.

Thank you for attending my 3 beer rant of the day.