My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,581  
Glad the dr. finally got to the root of the problem. My BIL suffers from this also....but he is only restricted to no red meat. He can have chicken and fish. Will keep sending prayers for your daughter !

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,582  
My granddaughter also cannot eat red meat without getting ill. It is odd that she can eat venison without having any reactions. Good thing that in her state you can harvest 5 deer per year. Her husband and father keep her freezer stocked.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,583  
Glad they figured it out. More prayers from Texas. I hope she can adjust to it, I'm sure it will be tough. She is beautiful.

We used to have major tick problems down here, myself getting bit many times as a kid in the 60's and 70's. But since fire ants have arrived, we have very few ticks if any now.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,584  
unfortunately she can't eat the venison now either. Nothing with 4 legs. no milk...some medicines that have binders made from beef an other meat.
The thing that strikes me odd about it, is that the lone star tick has been around for how long? centuries? why does this seem like a new disease. I was reading and it said this was first reported 2002. has it been around for a long time and just was not common? the way the mechanism for this is describe it would seem that it has always been out there, so what is changed to make it start happening more, If it is happening more.......

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,585  
unfortunately she can't eat the venison now either. Nothing with 4 legs. no milk...some medicines that have binders made from beef an other meat.
The thing that strikes me odd about it, is that the lone star tick has been around for how long? centuries? why does this seem like a new disease. I was reading and it said this was first reported 2002. has it been around for a long time and just was not common? the way the mechanism for this is describe it would seem that it has always been out there, so what is changed to make it start happening more, If it is happening more.......
Friend of mine says he's had it for over 30 years.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,586  
#3,587  
I mounted my Starlink Satelite dish this weekend. I used S-5 clamps and gripper strut to mount it to the standing seam roof. I dug into the nailer blocking for the drywall and the decking for the attics. I plan to take a day or two off this week to try to get this finished. It just drags on and on. Jefanna was there Saturday afternoon, cutting while I nailed. She has been spread pretty thin with everything lately and I can see the burnout. She came up yesterday and spent the day outside with the weed eater, and tending her plants. I think it was therapy for her.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,588  
My sister has something similar though not tick related as far as we can tell: She can't eat any mammalian protein whatsoever but dairy products are ok for her. Unhelpfully she's very sensitive to a lot of the available iron supplements too, Ostrich is a good source of high iron protein :)

#3,589  
My sister has something similar though not tick related as far as we can tell: She can't eat any mammalian protein whatsoever but dairy products are ok for her. Unhelpfully she's very sensitive to a lot of the available iron supplements too, Ostrich is a good source of high iron protein :)

I don’t see ostrich on the menu, much, around here. But oddly enough, we used to get some Emu jerky bars from a local grocery store. They were not cheap.
I wonder what would cause that in your aister. Has she always been allergic to red meat?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,590  
Once we started looking, ostrich was surprisingly easy to get hold of here in NZ from slightly more specialty butchers. We don't really know when the allergy started though she was around 18 or 19 when it became very apparent.

Last edited: