My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,702  
I know time is at a super premium in your situation (BTDT) but if you can find a used tile saw on CL or FB market, then buy it, get a new blade if needed, use it, and later resell it, prob for the same you paid for it. When I was building, I bought a lot of tools that I later sold, some new some used. Even if you buy new and re-sell later for less, you can consider it the rental fee, but without the pressure to have to get the job done NOW to return the tool.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,703  
I
Thanks for the tip on the wedges. I am doing your favorite. Subway. 3 different areas and 3 different colors. First, to get us in the house is the guest bathroom. Shower area is 95 square feet. After we move in there will be backsplash in that bathroom in same color. The. The Master bathroom which will be similar square footAge and a backsplash in the kitchen and behind stove

I think an MK would be overkill. I am planning to do these three tile jobs and then hoping never to have to tile anything again. I will definitely upgrade the blade but not as high as yours.
Tiling, I would not want to do for a living, but there are worse jobs. I'm sure glad there are people in this world who actually like to paint and drywall.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,704  
IMG_6753.JPG

We are close by.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,705  
Oh. Almost forgot. Dropped a video this morning. Just cleanup after the drywall hangers.

Do not forget to save some of those 5 gallon pails when they get empty !! They would make great tree seedling containers !

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #3,707  
That was picture of crozet from the train.
IMG_6764.JPG

We are heading down to visit our soon to be lot, or I’d come help put up scaffolding with you.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,708  
I cleaned out and kept the 5 gallon mud buckets. I still got some 25 yrs later.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #3,709  
Thanks for the tip on the wedges. I am doing your favorite. Subway. 3 different areas and 3 different colors. First, to get us in the house is the guest bathroom. Shower area is 95 square feet. After we move in there will be backsplash in that bathroom in same color. The. The Master bathroom which will be similar square footAge and a backsplash in the kitchen and behind stove

I think an MK would be overkill. I am planning to do these three tile jobs and then hoping never to have to tile anything again. I will definately upgrade the blade but not as high as yours.
The wedges are for large tile. 18x18 or 12x24 and the wood grain stuff that can be as long as 36 inches. For normal subway sized tile, they are not needed. Most of that stuff is so soft that you can cut it with the cheapest blade. Just be sure to use white thinset if you are using white tile. They grey is easier to work with, but it bleads through white tile.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#3,710  
That was picture of crozet from the train.
View attachment 767387

We are heading down to visit our soon to be lot, or I’d come help put up scaffolding with you.

Odd curiosity. Do you recall the congressional delegation that was on a train going thru Crozet on that train line when they hit a trash truck crossing the tracks?

As for the buckets, I will probably keep some, my wife has a tendency to throw away buckets. The Lowes buckets that we have have get beat up and the. Disappear.