My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,191  
I had a job where the previous general contractor had been fired and had stiffed his subs and they weren’t coming back. The house was at the finished drywall stage. The drywall guy had covered 8 boxes in a not particularly big house. The owner had fortunately taken a lot of pre drywall pictures. I found and cut out all of them with no drywall repair required. Pictures really helped and there is generally a bulge in the drywall where the box has been covered. Zircon also makes a stud finder with voltage detection that can help find a covered box, but you need to trim out the circuit up to the point where the box is covered and turn on the breaker to get voltage to the covered box. The stud finder is about $54 at Lowes.

I have a zircon studfinder. It may have that feature. I’ll have to look tonight

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,192  
If not, this is what worked on the Project Farm Video

1676582164084.png

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,193  
Funny short story about stud finders.

Asked my Son if he had a stud finder. DIL went to the toolbox and came back with one. As she handed it to me she said, "Here's one I bought that might work for you but you see what I got" as she nodded toward my Son.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,194  
Funny short story about stud finders.

Asked my Son if he had a stud finder. DIL went to the toolbox and came back with one. As she handed it to me she said, "Here's one I bought that might work for you but you see what I got" as she nodded toward my Son.
Son is going to need a little aloe for that burn...

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,195  
In my experience, when an outlet is covered up by the sheetrock guys, it's always been some idiot on the crew that fills the box up with joint compound and spreads it out so you cannot tell there was a box there. It's intentional.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,196  
Yes that would sound intentional... But most of what I have seen is that they just forget to cut out the rock around a box

#4,197  
I still haven’t dug that outlet out yet. I may take a poke at it tomorrow. I have had a few issues with some of the boxes sitting to far back in the wall and I cant understand how. I had the installed sitting a good 1/4 inch proud of the studs but lots of them are sitting behind the drywall. There is now way that I messed that many up. Today I dug one out by cutting the drywall around it with a razor. And it shifted out a bit.
I got a late start and was planning to tile the shower floor but when I got there , Jefanna was painting the shower area of the bathroom. So I started putting in the light for the pantry. It didn’t work so Input a different light in there. It didn’t work either so I ended up going thru a lot of gyrations to figure out where my problem was. Once I got it sorted out I just kept with the electric theme and put in more lights and outlets. It all moves us toward the same finish line.

I dropped a video this morning. Some tractor work and some excavator work.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,198  
I still haven’t dug that outlet out yet. I may take a poke at it tomorrow. I have had a few issues with some of the boxes sitting to far back in the wall and I cant understand how. I had the installed sitting a good 1/4 inch proud of the studs but lots of them are sitting behind the drywall. There is now way that I messed that many up. Today I dug one out by cutting the drywall around it with a razor. And it shifted out a bit.
I got a late start and was planning to tile the shower floor but when I got there , Jefanna was painting the shower area of the bathroom. So I started putting in the light for the pantry. It didn’t work so Input a different light in there. It didn’t work either so I ended up going thru a lot of gyrations to figure out where my problem was. Once I got it sorted out I just kept with the electric theme and put in more lights and outlets. It all moves us toward the same finish line.

I dropped a video this morning. Some tractor work and some excavator work.

If my gate I would put a support wheel on the end. Never seen a gate that wide open to many times before it started dragging the end in the dirt.

#4,199  
I have a question. Almost everything in my house is 12 g wire on 20 amp circuits. I know that I could technically put a 15 amp outlet on a 20 amp circuit. So I assume I could put a 15 amp light switch on also. I have had difficulty finding supply of the 20 amp switches for some of the things I want. Most of my lights are led with a lower draw. And those that are regular style lama have lower energy LED bulbs. Is there any issue with using a 15 amp switch. Any hidden gotchyas?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,200  
As with receptacles on a 20 amp circuit as long as there is more than one per circuit. And each switch operating less than 15 amp.