My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,291  
That is completely ridiculous! How can these places stay in business when they are busting up 3 out of 4 deliveries? They have to eat those costs. I understand that mistakes will happen from time to time, but delivery people with even a bit of experience should have learned enough to prevent most mishaps. This level of incompetence is just unreal.

On my build I only had one thing get destroyed in shipping - a fiberglass whirlpool tub. When I saw the box I figured it was toast but after opening it, it appeared OK until I got it home and found the one crack. They replaced it no questions, but when I saw the box at pickup I was thinking to myself why would even let a customer see this? I would have called and said it was damaged in shipping and they are getting a new one and then just sent it back directly. But I guess they are looking for the customer to be QC on things these days. That one was ordered through Home Depot, which may be part of the issue too. Most stuff I ordered online or through trade places showed up just fine, whether LTL or UPS.

Edit: typing at the same time... Glad you finally got an undamaged one!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,292  
Beautiful. It will take you a while to fill that refrigerator with beer 🍺

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,293  
Nice!!!

When’s the moving date?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,294  
Made a little change to the bathroom also.
IMG_0343.jpg

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,295  
That is completely ridiculous! How can these places stay in business when they are busting up 3 out of 4 deliveries? They have to eat those costs. I understand that mistakes will happen from time to time, but delivery people with even a bit of experience should have learned enough to prevent most mishaps. This level of incompetence is just unreal.

On my build I only had one thing get destroyed in shipping - a fiberglass whirlpool tub. When I saw the box I figured it was toast but after opening it, it appeared OK until I got it home and found the one crack. They replaced it no questions, but when I saw the box at pickup I was thinking to myself why would even let a customer see this? I would have called and said it was damaged in shipping and they are getting a new one and then just sent it back directly. But I guess they are looking for the customer to be QC on things these days. That one was ordered through Home Depot, which may be part of the issue too. Most stuff I ordered online or through trade places showed up just fine, whether LTL or UPS.

Edit: typing at the same time... Glad you finally got an undamaged one!
It is baffling, for sure. But I guess since drivers are hard to come by, getting at least a percentage of your sales delivered while eating the cost of damage is better than getting zero delivered if you fire the only (crappy) drivers you have. Still not a sustainable model though.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,296  
They delivered today. When they were backing up, you could hear stuff bumping around inside the truck up. This isn’t exactly a level easy driveway. View attachment 795616
View attachment 795617

When they opened the back door it was chaos, with empty bins and old appliances that were not strapped in. But they pulled my oven out of the middle of the truck and unboxed it. I went over it as completely as I could to insure there was no damage. When the brought it inside i took off the tape and wrapping that was holding the door and drawer shut and checked everything. They kept trying to shove the clipboard in my face so so they could leave. I finally signed and they left and I started the process of swapping out the orifices.
We have a working stove now.View attachment 795618
That's a very nice looking range! Your place is really coming together!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,298  
That was a lot of time and effort to get all that plumbed in ! Very nice job !