My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,371  
While I love the Unisaw, and the extra long fence, a contractor saw would probably be more practical on the farm. Something I can move around. Maybe even battery operated. But definitely something that doesn’t require the footprint of a cabinet saw. I am keeping my cheap bandsaw and my delta pedestal drill press.
When I got the CO I traded the big table saw for a Bosch fold-up table saw and two adjustable saw horses - which also fold up. I kept the drill press and use it often.
I kept the corded power tools - they are immensely powerful and last a lifetime - but honestly now they just gather dust since I always use battery powered Milwaukees.
Kept the power washer though. Very useful.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,372  
A very good morning for me. Sold my router table with router. Sold the Buffalo Forge Drill and the rockwell/delta jointer. Happy not to have to move them all again.
IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

#4,373  
Taking the cash from all the tools I sell and slapping on my building loan. They set it up so you don’t have a payment your first month, but that just means you grow your debt for a month and end up owing half a payment more. And then pay interest on that additional half a payment for the whole term of the loan. Painful. The interest rate was already terrible. But at least I wake up in that house.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,374  
Congrats for all your hard work and perseverance. Hopefully the interests rates will come down and you can refinance. I have some friends that had a home built and ended up with rates that are stretching their budget.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,375  
Now i doubt you parted with that anvil though ! That's is golden . That was some timeless machines you had there. I would have kept the table saw !

#4,376  
I did not sell the anvil. I got interested in knife making about 15 years ago and made a few knives with a very primitive charcoal forge. They were ugly but effective. It came from an article I read in a magazine. If the world ended today, could I still get drunk when I want to. So I learned to make beer. Made some really good stuff. Then It was if I was stranded somewhere without a knife, could I make a scrap of metal into a knife. So I learned to to make a knife. I went down the rabbit hole on a lot of things with this. The basic concept being What if I had to rely on just myself.

Last edited:
#4,377  
We started doing some dirt work and jefanna was shuttling dirt for me while I was in the excavator. We did t check the front tires on tractor and we have a flat in the middle of the field. I am hopi g the tire is still viable. I will be dealing with that tonight when I get home from work. I am thinking about Tire slime because that tore tends to lose air. I remember some mention of Kioti having a product out to run in the tires but I cant seem to find mention of it when I search. There is always something to slow you down.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,378  
Bummer ! Check and see if maybe the tire bead has opened up slightly. I have a front tire that has a slow leak and found that when i was bush hogging somehow a cluster of weeds got in between the rim and tire ....must of have happened when i made a turn and the bead opened up. Good luck, not fun when the 'tractor: is down !!

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,379  
My neighbor has a 95hp Kubota. He put a gash in the side if his front tire with a deer antler while bush hogging. He got some kind of thing in a calking tube from the dealer, and closed up that 3/8" gash. Two.years later it still looks perfect. I wouldn't have believed it if hadn't seen it.

Last edited:
   / My Industrial Cabin Build #4,380  
Check with Kubota dealer. I was at the parts dept for implement parts last week, and they were looping an infomercial showing their tire sealant. Water clean up, enviro friendly, seals up to 3/4" holes, etc.

Patrick