My little girl Minnie is gone.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #1  

Mace Canute

Elite Member
I had to have her euthanized this afternoon due to old age and health problems and have just returned from the funeral parlor who will cremate her. She could no longer stand and was even having trouble getting herself up straight from laying on her side. It was time to let her go. I lost my boy Mickey in April of 2012 and now Minnie.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #2  
Sorry to hear that. It's always hard when we lose a part of our family

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #3  
My heart goes out to you Mace, I've "lost" many and every one tears my emotions up.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #4  
I had to have her euthanized this afternoon due to old age and health problems and have just returned from the funeral parlor who will cremate her. She could no longer stand and was even having trouble getting herself up straight from laying on her side. It was time to let her go. I lost my boy Mickey in April of 2012 and now Minnie.

You have my heartfelt sympathy. It is indeed like losing one of the family, because that's what they are.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #5  
They fill a special place in your heart for sure. Sorry Mace.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #6  
I hate hearing these stories... my sincere condolences to you, Mace. Been there done that and I still remember how sick to my stomach I was when they put my Nikki (a German Shepherd/Coyote mix) down in front of me. Someday though it will only be fond memories. :dog:

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #7  
Sorry for your loss!

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #8  
Truly sorry to hear that.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #9  

My "baby" will soon be 12, so she does not have that many more years. The thought of having to make that decision one day in the not too distant future is some thing I dread. They are most certainly a part of the family, not just pets.

/ My little girl Minnie is gone. #10  
Sorry about your doggie Mace. Putting down a great dog is one of the toughest things a man will ever have to do.