My Lumber and Plywood Cart

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart
The latest pictures, don't understand how more stuff, even metal gets put on it: :D

P5130018.JPG

P5130016.JPG

P5130013.JPG

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart #22  
I didn’t want to start a new topic to share what I did this year, so I’ll stick here if no one objects.
I've started this work in the early spring, when the first pandemic lockdown was announced in the country. I finished it recently, within the second lockdown. When I realized that I could no longer live without these things, I took on these jobs. And that’s what came out of it. The biggest problem still remains - to accommodate the most necessary items and discard the unnecessary ones. Some of them, though unused, it’s still hard to throw away. But it is necessary.

20201002_165555.jpg

20200922_171841.jpg

20201017_122958.jpg

Here is a video about how it was done.

Attachments

• 20201013_161810 corr. x2.jpg
    20201013_161810 corr. x2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
I didn’t want to start a new topic to share what I did this year, so I’ll stick here if no one objects.
------------------------------------------------

No objections. Good job on yours well done.png.

Maybe others will contribute and keep the thread going.

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart #24  
No objections. Good job on yours View attachment 679318.

Maybe others will contribute and keep the thread going.

Thank you for sharing the space on your thread.
I love your project, that's why I took a risk to share mine here. :drink:

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart #25  
Very nice!!! I have a shelving unit similar to your tall one with all the shelves, but it has wheels on it, and that's very handy. I like being able to move it out of the way when I need the floor space, or I can have stuff on shelves behind it, and it's easy to move when I want to get to those things.

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart #26  
Very nice!!! I have a shelving unit similar to your tall one with all the shelves, but it has wheels on it, and that's very handy. I like being able to move it out of the way when I need the floor space, or I can have stuff on shelves behind it, and it's easy to move when I want to get to those things.

If it concernes me, that would be possibe if I wouldn't keep heavy stuff in the shelves, for instance steel profiles. OTOH the depth of them is only 1 feet, what means might be unstable.
But your idea of wheels is good if once I'll decide to stick them together by their backs.

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart #27  
most of my stuff is on wheels too. I have found what you are working on changes and it is nice to be able to move it out of the way. It is also nice to be able to move everything into one work area. Cuts down one walking steps. Used to have everything pushed to the outside walls and you end up walking from one thing to the next, gives me a lot more flexibility.

My scrap wood storage is stacked on pallet. That I move either with loader or pallet jack. Concept works for me more organization on the pallet would be nice, you always seem to need the one on the bottom.

/ My Lumber and Plywood Cart #28  
I have an idea to weld a metal palet on strong wheels for the wood palet. The stuff loaded on it could be pushed by hand, by a tractor or lifted up by forks of a tractor. The dimentions should accord to wood palet standard. It should have the holes for the forks to be placed. Probably that's nothing new, just I've never seen anything like that.

Still have one set of shelves, need to decide if I want them at the top or in the bottom section.
Decided not to use the last set of shelves for now. I can install them later if needed. So it is finished for now. (y)
Changed my mind, put the last set of shelves on top to store empty boxes on:

P7050003.JPG

Decided to upgrade the casters to a higher weight rating. Went from 6"x1-1/4", 300 pound rating to 4"x2", 800 pound rating for each castor:
PC090010.JPG
PC090011.JPG

The mounting plate hole spacing is the same, so that made it easy.

Jacked up one end at a time and changed the casters:
PC090003.JPG

PC090004.JPG

PC090007.JPG

It even rolls easier now:
PC090013.JPG

Last edited: