My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting.

/ My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting. #1  

SJM

Does anyone know why the Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot does not have a grease fitting?
Anyone here with a Mahindra tractor 4110 or 3510 new sheet metal?
Could you check your pivot and see if there is a grease fitting.
thanks

Last edited:
   / My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting. #2  
I can't really help you there, but are you sure yours didn't just get snapped off or fallen out somehow?

/ My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting.
No, they just never put one on. But thanks.
According to the parts diagram it is suppose to have one.
i have looked at every inch of the thing, not even a hole for one...
I have a seal leak and cannot get the pivot off. its frozen on there.

/ My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting. #4  
My Ford doesn't have one either but the pivot pin is hardened steel and bracket is cast iron. Cast iron provides it's own lubrication in most cases. I still put some grease on the pin when I reinstalled it. Is water getting into the pivot?

Interesting. this pivot does not have a pin it is just bolted on to frame.
no water. i live in the desert.
thanks.

/ My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting. #6  
Are you referring to front differential pivot pin.... My Massey Ferguson GC 1715 has no grease fitting on front differential pivot pin, BUT its lubed from internally with oil from front diff according to MF.... May have same situation with your beast....

/ My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting. #7  
my 26 doesn't have it, even though the books shows it, dealer says, they havent seen a grease fitting there in a long time... take that for what its worth

/ My Mahindra 4110 front metal pivot has no grease fitting. #8  
My 2001 built 4110 has 2 grease zerks on the front axle pivot. On the pivot in front of the axle the zerk is on the right side sticking out parallel to the ground and on the rear portion of the pivot behind the axle the zerk is on the left side, parallel to the ground. You use the large bolt w/large locking nut on the front portion of the pivot to adjust the gap between the pivot & axle housing which I think was around .010" - .012". Right & left are as sitting in the seat by the way.

Are you referring to front differential pivot pin.... My Massey Ferguson GC 1715 has no grease fitting on front differential pivot pin, BUT its lubed from internally with oil from front diff according to MF.... May have same situation with your beast....
yes behind the front axle where the 4x4 drive shaft goes into the axle.
This model has a pivot with out pins. just two large bolts that hold it on.
Maybe.
I called the dealer he said they may have forgot to put one in that i need to remove the pivot and drill it out.
With 3 o rings and a bushing i would think it would need grease. cant see how it could be oiled with out leaking.

thanks

My 2001 built 4110 has 2 grease zerks on the front axle pivot. On the pivot in front of the axle the zerk is on the right side sticking out parallel to the ground and on the rear portion of the pivot behind the axle the zerk is on the left side, parallel to the ground. You use the large bolt w/large locking nut on the front portion of the pivot to adjust the gap between the pivot & axle housing which I think was around .010" - .012". Right & left are as sitting in the seat by the way.
thanks , I bought this in 04 the dealer thought it was a 02 or newer.
My pivot just has two big bolts opposite of each other. no pins. the older models show offset bolts with two pins.
dealer said to get it off some how and drill it out put in a fitting.. he also said it might have been sheared off but i cleaned it and checked the whole thing. no fitting.

But good to know yours does.. is your pivot just the 2 bolts or are the bolts offset and has two pins?