My new 3-point receiver hitch

/ My new 3-point receiver hitch #1  

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Finally got my new 3-point receiver hitch finished and here are a few pictures. I designed it looking at several posts on here, and then incorporating a few of each. I had a local fab shop build it for me. They gave me a great deal at $100 which included 2 receivers also. One for the normal 2" ball for moving my trailer, and another clevis type with a stop plate to use my 10" moldboard plow or my utility trailer.

I just love accesorizing this thing. Tonight I plowed the garden with it and was thoroughly pleased. (see post in Kubota owning/operating for photos of that).

Attachments

• 274285-P6020032.JPG
    274285-P6020032.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,178
   / My new 3-point receiver hitch
Here is another view with it removed and the 2" ball receiver installed.

Attachments

• 274286-P5060005.JPG
    274286-P5060005.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 3,675
Heres one with the plow attached with the clevis receiver installed.

Attachments

• 274287-P6020025.JPG
    274287-P6020025.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 1,663
One thing I had to modify from first build, was to cut a slot in the rear tube as I bent my top link slightly first time I raised it. Luckily I have a friend with a plasma torch that cut out a section. I would change the design slightly to keep a section out if doing it again. Of course now that that is cut out, everything works great.

/ My new 3-point receiver hitch #5  
I live in Binghamton, NY and would like to purchase one of these. Can you tell me where you had it made?

Bob

/ My new 3-point receiver hitch #6  
Hi Bob,

If you can't find a retail seller near you I have a nice
design I made for my tractor,works great. I live in NC.

treesawer

/ My new 3-point receiver hitch #7  
Thanks, Treesawer. I got some plans I'm going to use when I get time to build one.

Bob

/ My new 3-point receiver hitch #9  
Forum readers might want to know that Summit Fabrications, Inc. owns the patent on this 3pt receiver hitch (Flexpoint®)and has been marketing it for years through Northern Tool.

web page