My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!!

/ My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!!
Thanks everyone.

My 6 foot mower couldn't handle the power from the tractor. I started another thread about it, and most likely, my slip clutch wasn't working. I never adjusted it and that's probably why the drive shaft failed. The other reason could have been that the drive shaft wasn't long enough. The distance from the gear box to the PTO shaft is longer, and the driveshaft might of been extended too far

291704617_10228300591122611_8653913754639510422_n.jpg

I thought about repairing it, but what I really wanted was a bigger mower. I didn't want to go farther into debt, but with inflation being what it is, the time do do it is now. My dealer had a 12 foot Titan medium duty batwing in stock for $12,899. With $3,000 down, I could finance it for $185 a month.

Saturday morning I drove to his yard and they loaded it on my trailer, and hauled it home.

291494060_10228300584122436_1508093882039791749_n.jpg 291383267_5572580946098834_346864872960901458_n.jpg

Hooking it up was pretty simple. It took a few tries to get the spacers figured out to get the cut where I wanted it, but that was easy enough. Adjusting my mirrors has been the hardest thing to get right!!! It only has one hose, and I got lucky on my first try. The hydraulics raises the wings and lowers the tires. When I want them down, I just release the pressure and it lowers down to cutting height.

The Titan 1912 is rated for 2 inch material, and I'm just cutting weeds and saplings. I'm not trying to clear land with it, just maintain what is already cleared. I'll use my backhoe to take out trees and open things up some more.

The mower has really surprised me. I'm comfortable at 2.3 MPH. The next gear up brings me to 3 MPH, and that's great for smooth areas, but too bouncy for most of my land. The tractor never bogs down!!! I was going though stuff that was over my hood, and it just kept going at 2.3 MPH like it was nothing. I thought it would be twice as fast as my 6 foot cutter, but now I'm thinking it's more like 4 times faster to cut an area compared to my 37HP tractor and 6ft butter. It's just crazy how much more I'm able to get done. And best of all, I'm not worn out after mowing for a few hours. It's actually refreshing!!!!

290646293_10228300595722726_6421015968374262114_n.jpg

This is a first. Never before have I ever been able to mow all of my place in a single year. My 37hp open station tractor and 6 foot cutter was too hot during the worse parts of the day, and dealing with dust, bugs and the heat limited me in how long I could last, or if I even went out to mow. I would focus on different areas of my land, and get that area done, then go to another area. Some of the main areas, like around my pond, I would do a few times in a year to keep that area really nice, but other areas would get ignored for the year. Some of what I've been mowing hasn't been mowed in two years.

The Massey has so much power that it just cruises through 5 and 6 foot tall material that's mixed with saplings, thick grass and golden rod, plus every other weed known to East Texas. It cuts so wide that I'm able to see significant results in just one pass!!!

For the first time every, my place is mowed. I have 68 acres with more then half of it being wooded. Two ponds, some buildings and roads that don't get mowed. I'm guessing that I mowed about 25 acres. I need to remove more trees so I can mow open areas faster. Having one little tree in the middle of a pasture is stupid. It needs to disappear. Unfortunately, I have a lot of areas like this that I need to deal with. That's gonna get done before mowing season starts again next year. I'm also going to go over the pond area one more time just to clean it up a little from what's grown from the last time it rained, but I really don't need to. I just want to because it's fun and it looks so nice after it's mowed!!! Now I'm forced with deciding where to park the batwing since I wont need it for awhile. Maybe not until next year.

294208598_10228373152376597_8038422732168341006_n.jpg

One of the odd things about the cab is a storage compartment that isn't really big enough to store anything. I removed the lid to it and now I have a lot more space to put stuff. I like it better this way.

293996888_10228362597592734_5639484406174636211_n.jpg

On the FB 4700 Global page, there is a lot of discussion about he AC System. It seems that the models before mine have some problems keeping the cab cool on really hot days. Massey fixed that problem with the 2022's. My AC works great!! I like to do projects around the house in the mornings, before it gets too hot out, and then when it's unbearable to keep working outdoors, I get in the Massey and turn up the AC. It's been as hot as 102 when I got into the cab, and I could barely breath because it was so hot. I turned the fan up to 3, out of 5, and it cooled it off very quickly. Then I lower the fan to 2, where it keeps me comfortable. At 3, the fan noise is too loud to enjoy the radio, but at 2, it's quiet enough to enjoy my music.

/ My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!! #33  
Happy for you, Eddie. Now go make some money with it.

/ My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!! #34  
Nice tractor Eddie. Will we see a new build for a place to park it and keep it looking new?

/ My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!! #35  
Congrats on the new tractor.

My dealer , PR Equipment, is having a photo contest for a goody basket, so I entered this picture. I'll probably enter a bunch of pictures since I enjoy taking them of my tractor.

IMG_1549.JPG

The bales are 4 foot by 6 foot. They are really big bales, and the loader handles them easily. This is the 931X loader, which is their entry level model. For more money, I could have bought a loader with self leveling and higher capacity, but I didn't want to spend any more money, and in my opinion, this loader is excellent!!!

I'm also very impressed with the quick attach system. It's much nicer then what I put on my backhoe, and A LOT nicer then anything I've rented on a skid steer. Thicker, more solid feeling, and very smooth. I didn't know they made better graders of quick attach systems until now!!!

Power is still amazing. 70hp is a massive jump from my 37hp open station tractor. We had a big rain recently and everything started growing again. It was less then a foot tall, but pretty thick in areas, so I decided to mow around my big pond. Before, I broke it down into three areas and my goal would be to get one of those areas mowed at a time. This would take me three days with a few hours of mowing at a time. The heat was the worse part of mowing, but it was also slow going with a 6 foot cutter and 37hp. Saturday, I mowed all three areas in about 2 hours comfortably in the AC. This has proven to be such a game changer for me and what I can get done in a day!!!

I decided to take off the mower for the first time since buying it. I was surprised that the hitch pin was bent so badly after such a short amount of time. Something like 30 hours, with about a quarter of that just being towed around while I move hay bales or a load of dirt.

The hole for the hitch on the tractor is 1 1/4 inches. The hole for the hitch on the mower is 1 inch. My dealer gave me a 1 inch pin when I bought the mower, so that's what I've been using.

IMG_2009.JPG

I bought a bigger pin and had my local machine shop mill out the hole to fit the bigger pin on the hitch. That was $40 well spent!!!

The hitch is attached with a bolt that I feel was too short. The threaded part was wearing away, so I bought a Grade 8 bolt that was a lot longer. I want the smooth shaft of the bolt to be where the metal touches, not the threads of the bolt. I also added some washers to it, but I don't really know why.

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

Hopefully I'll hook it back up this weekend and get some mowing done. After 2 months of dry weather, it's been raining here almost every day for 2 weeks.

/ My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!! #38  
Does your hitch have built in oscillation for left/right tilt.
Most of the time when I've bowed a drawpin was when the hitch was getting twisted left and right.
Crossing sod waterways and ditches at an angle can get quite a bit of ocillation betwen the inplement hitch and the
tractor drawbar. With a tractor tire high or low on one side and the implement being tilted the opposite way.
The less slop in the tractor drawbar hole and the hitch holes the more likely to bind and bend.

The hitch rotates in all directions. I'm sure the reason the pin bent was from getting too close to my trees and hitting them from time to time. With a bigger pin and both holes being the same size, I'm hopeful that the pine wont bend from my poor driving skills.

/ My new Massey Fergusson 4707 is here!!!! #40  
The hitch rotates in all directions. I'm sure the reason the pin bent was from getting too close to my trees and hitting them from time to time. With a bigger pin and both holes being the same size, I'm hopeful that the pine wont bend from my poor driving skills.
I figured your fancy new tractor was just too powerful for that wimpy little pin. 😀