My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #1  

mwemaxxowner

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX 1880 with FEL and canopy
I thought y'all might enjoy these pictures. As I was growing up I didn't realize these were anything out of the ordinary. They had always been around and my Pawpaw used them. Especially the Gibson. He worked the fool out of that thing in a garden of about half an acre.

They haven't been fired up since he passed away. They were in great shape at that point. I would imagine pull them out, clean them up well, and give them just a tiny bit of TLC they would still be in good shape.

IMG_20201116_173447708.jpg IMG_20201116_173456110.jpg IMG_20201116_173505019.jpg IMG_20201116_173510987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
   / My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson
I didn't realize the pictures of the Gibson were so blurry. It was getting dark and my phone tries to turn low light photos into normal looking pictures. It does a decent job but if you're anything but *incredibly* still it turns out like that. It's a new phone I need to figure out how to turn that off.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #3  
Truly a treasure you have there. I'd get those things cleaned up and stored properly if nothing else.

It's not up to me.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #5  
That little Oliver OC3 looks to be in great condition. I watch vids of them on youtube and look like they would be a lot fun just to play around with.

It is in great condition! Very cool tractor.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #7  
That little Oliver OC3 looks to be in great condition. I watch vids of them on youtube and look like they would be a lot fun just to play around with.

First one I ever saw. My neighbor, and Oliver Collector, would be all over that. What model is it?

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #8  
That's some nice looking vintage equipment. It's too bad to see it set like that but at least it's under cover.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #9  
First one I ever saw. My neighbor, and Oliver Collector, would be all over that. What model is it?

Looks to be an OC3. Stands for Oliver/Cletrac model 3. Oliver bought out the Cletrac which stood for Cleveland tractor Co. that only built tracked tractors. Should have a PTO in the rear. If you got one with a 3 point conversion kit it really adds value. If I ever get one like that I would use it for mowing the hills and ditches on the property.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #10  
Looks to be an OC3. Stands for Oliver/Cletrac model 3. Oliver bought out the Cletrac which stood for Cleveland tractor Co. that only built tracked tractors. Should have a PTO in the rear. If you got one with a 3 point conversion kit it really adds value. If I ever get one like that I would use it for mowing the hills and ditches on the property.

Thank you very much for the education. First for me. :cool: