My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson
I've thought about asking Mawmaw if I can have it some day, but idk what the heck I would do with it. My uncle who currently controls the old shop where it's parked will probably insist that it stays right where it is.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #12  
I've thought about asking Mawmaw if I can have it some day, but idk what the heck I would do with it. My uncle who currently controls the old shop where it's parked will probably insist that it stays right where it is.

For now that's probably the best place for it, until you have the time and money to get it going again. Although it probably will start without much effort... those old gas engines were pretty simple.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #13  
Although I would hate to admit it, I probably have things sitting in the corner that my Sons and Grandsons would think should be dragged out and used or sold. That's okay. When I'm gone they can do as they please.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #14  
It's 50/50... I've seen family treasures given only to be forgotten and/or neglected...

On the other hand the opportunity to learn through accomplishment can't be over estimated.

Maybe you could offer to service it and get it running...

Actions always speak louder than words.

It's a great piece of family history...

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #15  
The first tractor I operated was a tiller steer Gibson. It was a little work horse.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #16  
It might be worth the time to pull the spark plugs and pour some ATF in the cylinders and then put a breaker on the crank pulley and spin the engine a few times to help prevent it from locking up from sitting. The oliver even has an access hole on the front grill to the crank pulley you can get at with an extension. Those crawlers I believe had hercules motors (might be waukesha) but either way they stopped making them decades ago so it's worth the effort to preserve it if it is still a good engine.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson #17  
It might be worth the time to pull the spark plugs and pour some ATF in the cylinders and then put a breaker on the crank pulley and spin the engine a few times to help prevent it from locking up from sitting. The oliver even has an access hole on the front grill to the crank pulley you can get at with an extension. Those crawlers I believe had hercules motors (might be waukesha) but either way they stopped making them decades ago so it's worth the effort to preserve it if it is still a good engine.

Yup...... my OC46-3G had a Hercules gas engine.
I can't imagine parts being available now.

/ My Pawpaw's old Oliver and his tiller steer Gibson