My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
The Lull has been in a heavy equipment repair shop for about a month. Two weeks to wait for space, one week to get trunion bearings and steering rod end for the left front axle and one week to R&R the two hydraulic lines in the boom. The boom is removed for this. They were maypop lines. One week to get all hyd. filters and fluid replaced. I should get her back next week.
hugs, Brandi

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I got the roof frame up back in April. Took a lot cutting short 2x4s to make the pergala style bracing.
4-1-21 Brady's Deck Pergala Corner Shot.jpg
4-1-21 Brady's Deck Pergala.jpg

hugs, Brandi

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Oh no. Just too busy to post. May was mostly a rain out event(s) here. Back in April, I put a lumber ad in craigslist and deleted it by the end of the month, as I got too many orders. I made about $5,000 in 4 weeks. I did nothing but saw. 8, 10, and even 12 foot 2bys are fun to cut.
4-1-21 Twelve Foot 2x6s.jpg
4-17-21 Ten Foot 2x6s.jpg
4-17-21 Twenty Seven 2x4s.jpg
But when you get up to 16 foot 2x8s and 20 foot 2x6s......then it is work.
4-27-21 2x8 Yellow Pine.jpg
Lumber 16 Foot 2x6s.jpg
Lumber 80 Each 20 Foot 2x6s.jpg
I stacked it all by myself too.
hugs, Brandi

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Over time, the CAT developed some surface rust under the door threshold and door post. So I sanded it and it turned into this...............
CAT Rust Area.jpg

CAT Door Frame Rust.jpg
So rainy last week, I welded in repairs. I was welding 1/16" to (I guess) about .080" tube. I wanted to weld it all up, as I had KBS cavity filler to spray inside after painting. But welding the lower edge, I kept blowing out the weld. So I used a broken, 12 inch #40 drill bit for filler. That worked well. For bigger blowouts, I filled in with 3/16" square key stock. That was a lot of grinding.
CAT Door Post Repair.jpg
CAT Threshold Rair.jpg

While doing these repairs, I realized the inside (to the floor of the cab or house) was pitted out. I didn't do anything here. But the cavity filler ran out. Did I mention the cavity filler stinks?
Sorry for the not so clear photos. They were taken with my cell phone.
hugs, Brandi

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
I's fun following your posts Brandi. Quite skilled you are.
Cheers,
Mike

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
While all the rain was coming down, I found this from Black Arms Tactical............
Black Aces Tatical Pro Bullpup Shotgun.jpg

It is a 12 gauge LEFT HANDED Pro Bullpup shotgun from Guns.com. Atlantic Firearms had 10 round magazines for it also. I bought 4 of them. It came with two 5 round mags and 3 different chokes. I really can't understand why a 18.5 inch barreled shotgun needs chokes. I will have to find out why when I got some "free" time. I haven't even heard it go "bang" yet.
I haven't figured out what the yellow thingie does. It doesn't help load shells, that I can see. Anyone know what it is? It is plastic. Maybe it helps in choke removal and insertion?

Also, I really wanted it in Distressed Green, instead of Distressed Red. But after a friend and inquired around, we found out a green one might be available in a year. Or not! Only other color available in Left Hand was Vietnam Tiger Stripe, which was a non started in colors. Oh yeah..............try firing it right handed...................I dare you!
hugs, Brandi

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I had the CAT out in the rain last night. Just as I thought, the area of the angle repair's top holds a little water. I need to either add Bondo or leveling compound, so it will run off. Or just wipe it off after EVERY rain.
hugs, Brandi