My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Want to see a cool attachment for your excavator? This guy is highly skilled, but I think yu can appreciate the roto-attachment and the well designed bucket. He has endless videos of his projects
PS. your blade idea is awesome! It reminded me of these vids I watch. (y)
Seen that attachment. I don't think it would be compatible with the hyd. thumb. Not to mention running more tubing and another diverter valve plus more weight on an old, tired, turn table bearing. I have something like that on my telehandler, but the whole frame tilts and the fork carriage pivots.
Thanks! Years ago, I made a 6 foot one for my backhoe. Been wanting to build this 8 footer for 6 years.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
That would be pretty handy. Is it stable enough with the mounting system?
It's the same mounting system I have been using for years on my backhoe. But this one is 3/8 inch thick. It's as strong as the teeth supporting it. Just need to reinforce the blade. My 6 foot one on the backhoe never bent because it would just pull the tractor backwards. But the CAT doesn't slide and thus the bent end. Just a pile of dirt straightened the blade back out. Ouch to my pride. Longer plow bolts are ordered and I can pick up the 3/8th inch angle tomorrow.
hugs, Brandi

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
The front bumper spray tank on the lawnmower works way better than expected. I can spray and move along the fence lines, justing my left elbow to steer with the wand in that hand. Or drive slowing and steer with one hand.

At first, I only put in 12 gallons of water & Eraser A/P. Every once in a while the rear tires would spin. I was extra careful along the gully. Last trip of the day, I put in 16 gallons and all worked fine. Now, after all that fab. and install with 3 hours of spraying.............the tank will sit until next year.
hugs, Brandi

OP
bindian

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Got the CAT grader blade reinforced. 3x3x3/8th inch angle 8 foot long. I drilled #40 pilot holes and took it to my welding shop, were they punched the holes out for 5/8th inch plow bolts.
CAT 8 Foot Grader Blade Angle Reinforcement.jpg
CAT 8 Foot Grader Blade Angle Reinforcement End View.jpg

hugs, Brandi