My solar set a new record yesterday

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #31  
The tax break on solar or battery storage is nothing to apologize for.

This is a tax credit limited to 30% of total outlay.
Many billionaires, oil companies and airlines evade taxes because of
favorable structures of tax laws, made possible by lobbyists and sweetheart
agreements with uncle sam.

Even a former billionaire president is said to have had a $750 annual tax bill.
(But we won't know unless certain documents are released someday)

Here is the difference between these deductions: the motivation behind them.
The strength of lobbyists and their special interests tilt the pinball machine
in favor of corporations and monopolies.

The energy tax advantages, slim as they are, exist at the root to make the
earth greener and a little better place for the guys behind us: our kids
grandkids and our children's children's children.

Not for the oligarchs, I mean billionaires, not the boards of directors
and not for the wall street shareholders.

Which of the above burdens their fellow taxpaying citizens more?

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #32  
Funny, when i post about what i've done with my tractor, i don't get people commenting on the tax break i got or how that tractor wouldn't work in x situation or how many birds died.

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #33  
Funny, when i post about what i've done with my tractor, i don't get people commenting on the tax break i got or how that tractor wouldn't work in x situation or how many birds died.
Please stop killing birds with your tractor!:)

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #35  
Yep. Given the small business we run we wrote the tractor off on our taxes. Saved us like 25% or so of the purchase price. Plus we write off all the fuel, maintenance etc at about the same rate.

I'd like to see how you kill birds with it. Smash them with the bucket? Run them over with the bush hog?

Also your tractor won't work on my property so you were silly to buy it for your application for which it works very well.

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #36  
Does anybody know a ballpark figure on how much $1 million liability insurance policy costs for a net metering setup when selling electricity back from a solar array?

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #37  
Does anybody know a ballpark figure on how much $1 million liability insurance policy costs for a net metering setup when selling electricity back from a solar array?
From acquaintances who have had to go down that path; it varies widely, as in $40/yr to several thousand to "we don't do 3rd party insurance". If you need it, call around, broadly.

All the best,

Peter

/ My solar set a new record yesterday
I just finished month 11 of my annual electric usage and I went negative this month by 10 bucks. I added 6 additional panels in the last year because i got rid of my propane water heater and changed my HVAC propane/electric system to mini splits.

Now the only propane I use is for my standby generator. In addition to the electrical savings my propane bill for last year was $1300 and now it will be virtually $0. WOOHOO!

AEE069EC-DFEC-445D-8F55-70518B54EA98.png

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #39  
Good for you! There are few things better than a credit on a utility bill.
We are very happy that our 7.5 kw system takes our electric bill off the table.
Happy trails to ya!

R

/ My solar set a new record yesterday #40  
Many plans in the works in California to charge an additional $50-$60 a month infrastructure fee on grid tied solar…

Also reducing or eliminating purchase of excess power from solar producers.

It was not that long ago Solar was seen as a win/win because on hot sunny days solar can make the difference in keeping the grid up…

Time will tell.