My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #1  

Nacademus

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
Here is my prototype solution to having to hold the implement position lever down in order to float along the ground.

As you probably know, this capability is omitted from a lot of subcompact tractors resulting in the operator having to either hold the lever down or drop the 3Pt lift arms in a position that places them below level at the start.

I printed a simple detent gate that clasps onto the position lever when down. Its not perfect but it was free for me and a lot of fun to do. I'm sure I will make improvements. Currently its held on with a 1"x1" piece of 3M molding tape.

How have some of you overcome this minor annoyance? Maybe there is a much easier way. I didn't want to lash it with a bungee or anything. Also, this won't hurt anything by constantly holding it down while needed, will it?

Here is a link to my Tinkercad file for it if you wanted to see it and modify it to your liking.

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/6mROCZD04Ik

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #2  
Neat solution. I just hold mine. It does get annoying sometimes though. I wish they'd include position control on these SCUTs. Oh well.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #3  
That's probably the biggest/nicest point of differentiation with a John Deere 1025R is the positional 3pt. If they had that feature on a GC then they likely wouldn't have to make the 1526 and could have a 30hp 1700E series machine.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #4  
Thanks, sent it to my other computer so I can load it on a sd card and plug it into my 3D printer, need to get my printer out for the winter being that痴 when I play around with it, think I even have red filament.
460794CD-B247-48A9-AD4C-6464C05D6118.jpg

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700
Neat!!!

I printed mine in PETG for durability and UV stability.

I'm always looking for cool little ways to make use of the 3D printer around my house.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #6  
I like the mechanics of 3D printing and I am real bad at downloading things that’s what my sons are for hahaha, I get them to download things on a SD card and I’m good to go because it becomes a plug and print for me.
I do have about 7-9 rolls of filament and a bunch of extra nozzles, heads and other replacement parts being I live out in the country and there are no 3D printing stores close to me so everything needs to be ordered in.
I just ordered a updated filament holder for my Anycubic Mega.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #7  
I went with black, it just started printing and I will take a pic of finished clip when done.
78BB209A-BA3D-4C4D-AD5B-7F4843E39406.jpg

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #8  
Wow... I could see application for that on my 2310's FEL float (that I have to hold all the time)!! Use that float position all the time when blowing snow.

Comments?

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #9  
Done and Done.
C31AF322-61E3-41EA-A0F7-C2C303A11CEA.jpg
452E1C34-7BD2-4B96-9650-44395E8EFF83.jpg

Again Thanks Nacademus.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700
No problem! Glad you tried it out! If you improve it, let us know how!

I gave it a little test run.

I just finished tilling about an acre and the detent was fantastic! It made the chore of having to hold that lever down to till faster a whole lot better. It only slipped out one time and that's when I hit a root. To be fair, I almost slipped out of the seat, myself.

I like that it's not permanent and doesn't require any physical alterations to the tractor itself.

Now my tractor is covered in dust. :(
View attachment 623693