My take on driveway gates

/ My take on driveway gates #1  

MoMower

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey GC1710.
We had a theft a few months ago, old patio set, so the 4 families on our road all agreed to gates on the “big driveway/private road.

Of course I combed the threads here and went with JSJ Protech E8 openers. It’s all solar powered.

Wanted it to be visually unobtrusive. The side that has the stone channel is now lined with boulders.
IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

/ My take on driveway gates #3  
Cool. Don't forget to line the porches and patios with dogs!

/ My take on driveway gates #4  
Dogs, camera's and Gun's, no better deterrent. We live on a State Highway with the houses back about 1000' from the highway. My neighbor to the west of me and my driveway are about 100' apart with barbed wire fence along the highway. These Mfer's will pull in my driveway and cross the grass to his driveway to turn around. By the time I get down there they are long gone. I would really like to find where they live and drive through their yard.

/ My take on driveway gates
Cool. Don't forget to line the porches and patios with dogs!

Before this, we’ve always restricted access, all gates to wrap around yard, pastures, etc were locked.

130lb rotty mix does her job and is scary looking, this thief did around noon.

Point of the gate is to make it harder. We’ll see.

Dogs, camera's and Gun's, no better deterrent. We live on a State Highway with the houses back about 1000' from the highway. My neighbor to the west of me and my driveway are about 100' apart with barbed wire fence along the highway. These Mfer's will pull in my driveway and cross the grass to his driveway to turn around. By the time I get down there they are long gone. I would really like to find where they live and drive through their yard.

Yup, entire property is covered by POE cameras.

IMG_2048.jpg

The boulders are the drive around protection

/ My take on driveway gates #8  
Someone stole an "old patio set" from you? who the hell would even want to buy that from them. Just for $10 scrap value? shame.

Someone stole an "old patio set" from you? who the hell would even want to buy that from them. Just for $10 scrap value? shame.

It’s funny, it was one step from being on my scrap pile. We had it out by the road so we could sit and watch the kids when they’re playing on the driveway.

Cost to replace $800….he was charged with a misdemeanor for $6 of scrap.

I don’t care about the patio set, but with equipment, trailers and implements around…..

All about layers and making them work. They’ll move on to easier targets.

/ My take on driveway gates #10  
We have a courthouse and jail a few miles from the ranch. Police comb hundreds of sq miles to bring criminals to the facility and then they release them at their front door. Over the years more than one suspect has wondered up to our place in the daylight or the dark (I have video cameras). 2 years ago we put in a pair of big iron gates on the entrance and a second rolling fence gate at the house. SO now behind these gates are 2 driveway alarms, 6 dogs, 8 cameras, and firearms. I'm pretty hard to sneak up on day or night. The rolling gate is a homemade affair of pipe and wire panel on a track with an Amazon opener that works great. We've got openers in all the cars, trucks, golf carts, and machines.

Attachments

• IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited: