My take on the everlast 140 mig

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
This is my 2nd everlast fist one is stick and tig 200st. The mig welds ok but what get me is not numbers at the dials. Machine that I use always had a read out maybe thoes old ones of the 90s had no numbers don't know so this is going on CL it was my fault going CHEAP.

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig #2  
My nice old Esab Dip-Pak 250 has no numbers either. Irritating but I got used to it after a while. Not sure why that's any economy for the mfr.
Jim

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig
My nice old Esab Dip-Pak 250 has no numbers either. Irritating but I got used to it after a while. Not sure why that's any economy for the mfr.
Jim
It might be a money issue anyway I'm going to buy eith a Lincoln or Miller. I have never seen a mig welder without numbers by the dial or a readout.

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig #4  
Digital read out is really nice!
For years all we got in construction was a set up like this. We would just mark the face plate, once we found our settings.

Attachments

• LN-25.JPG
    LN-25.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 220
   / My take on the everlast 140 mig #5  
My first Mig, a Lincoln weld pak 100 just had a dial for wire speed with a 1 through 10 and a rotary switch for power with images of steel thickness next to each position labeled A through D. It didn't bother me too much as the price was right. Before that I was brazing for sheet metal repairs so the little Weld Pak was a nice upgrade.

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig #6  
Digital read out is really nice!
For years all we got in construction was a set up like this. We would just mark the face plate, once we found our settings.

The good old pencil technique. Before I got my Lincoln 255 I would use a friend's Miller 210. He had 4 or 5 pencil marks with a letter next to them. The letter A might mean 1/8" thick steel so you would set both the power and the speed to the "A" marks. As the years went on he seamed to get more and more pencil marks.

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig #7  
My Lincoln 180c is lettered I found a chart online that provides estimated voltage and ipm. And good welders tell me they go by sight and sound not dials

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig
My Lincoln 180c is lettered I found a chart online that provides estimated voltage and ipm. And good welders tell me they go by sight and sound not dials
Yeah a good welder will go by the sound now this mig box I have you have to waste wire to set the mechine.

/ My take on the everlast 140 mig #10  
How much do you want for it?
What I did one mine was use a fine tip sharpie to write things in for setting on different thicknesses of metal and I've been very pleased.