My Taylor forklift

/ My Taylor forklift #1  

Frank Surber

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 755c track Loader, John Deere 755bCase 431, Ford 2600, Taylor 25000lb forklift Ford 755 , Schramm 300 Pneumatractor, 8N Ford , Gravely 10A Kubota KH191, 1970 John Deere garden tractor with blade, 1985 John Deere 265 garden tractor Case 431
After 18 years I finally have my 1968 25,000lb forklift back in my possession.

Attachments

• IMG_20211012_114807.jpg
    IMG_20211012_114807.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20211012_114824.jpg
    IMG_20211012_114824.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 99
   / My Taylor forklift
When we left for work in Kuwait back in 2003 I sold my part of a property that I co owned to the co owner And leased the equipment I didn't ship to Kuwait to a guy who had been renting part of my shop from me. My then partner in the property said he would look after the equipment however time passed much of the equipment was removed from the shop and sold by the guy who had leased it from me. When we returned from Kuwait in 2013 my former partner said he would like to hang onto the forklift for a while to use. then last year he sold the property to some guy and that guy tried to claim the forklift went with the property but another friend of mine told him no that he had already bought it from Rick. Rick my former partner is in his 80s and had forgotten all about the forklift still being there. Himie called me and said I needed to get the forklift out of there soon if I still wanted it so I had a friend of mine load it and bring it to me but during the time it had sat there one of the drive tires had gone flat when they tried to air it up it split open so I had to spend a $1000.00 for a tire and have it put on.
But it is sitting in front of my shop now and not going anywhere unless I move it

/ My Taylor forklift
Now I just need to service it pull those monstrous tires off and repair the brakes as they no longer work

/ My Taylor forklift #5  
That’s a pretty specialty machine. If you don’t have a use anymore wouldn’t it make more sense to move it along and buy something smaller?

/ My Taylor forklift
I'm always needing to pick up and flip over a low bed heavy haul trailer to make repairs easier, or stack trailers on tope of another so 2 or 3 can be hauled. there is lots of farm equipment out here that is next to impossible to repair underneath without picking it up and placing it on stands.
And now since I have the largest shop building with the widest door in the county and the biggest forklift in the county word will get out,
Had a guy stop by this morning after seeing it parked out front if I would consider moving a couple shipping containers around at his place. he lives about 4 miles from me, I don't mind driving it over there but not until I fix the brakes. The county commissioner might frown on me jabbing the forks into the road to stop

/ My Taylor forklift
I try not to have any business, I retired 10 years ago and haven't had time to my self ever since.
It seems like the wife and I start every morning before the sun gets fully up and many days still at it way late in the night. We get 1 thing completed only to find the to do list just got longer instead of shorter.