My twisted sense of humor-what's yours?

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #51  
My great uncle told me a funny one that happened 100 years ago. He worked at a manufacturing plant, one fellow the workers messed with his Model T. Ford used an ignition box to supply high voltage and guys would slip a piece of paper into the points so no ignition.
Every day guy's T wouldn't start so he would get the foreman. Guy's would remove paper, foreman would start it right up.
This went on quite some time...guy never did figure it out.
I don't like practical jokes, they usually just try for humor at someone else's expense. But I did get payback one time and it was a joy to watch. I would be TIG welding and this guy I worked with would turn off the argon or turn it down low and then I would get bad welds that I would need to grind out. Then he would turn the argon flow up way high and that would mess with the weld by drawing air into the gas shield. Or he would change the polarity of the machine if I went to take a leak or something. So one day he was welding and went to the bathroom. While he was gone I put some paper between the ground clamp and the weld bench leg where it was clamped on. I tore away the excess after it was clamped on so that the paper was invisible. He came back to weld and he could not strike an arc. I kept looking at him when he wasn't looking. He got really frustrated. He even moved the ground clamp but the paper stayed in place. After about ten minutes he finally removed the ground clamp and the paper pieces fell out. He turned around to see me with a big grin. After that there was no more of that messing with the welding crap. We both realized how childish it was.
Eric

Last edited:
   / My twisted sense of humor-what's yours?
Oh yes, Little Willie.

Little Willie
Pair of skates
Hole in ice
Golden Gates

Willie with a thirst for gore
Nailed his sister to the door
Mother said with humor quaint
Careful Will, don't mar the paint!

Little Willie on the tracks
Heard the engine squeal
Now the engine's coming back
They're scraping Willie off the wheel

Willie fell down the elevator
Wasn't found till six days later
At the funeral the neighbors sniffed gee whiz
What a spoiled child Willie is!

Willie poisoned his father's tea
Father died in agony
Willie's mother said quite vexed
Really Will! What next?

Not Willies, but related to yours:

Cooking toast by the fireside
Nurse fell in the grate and died
What makes matters ten times worse
All the toast was burned with nurse

In the well
Which the plumber built her
Aunt Eliza fell
We must buy a filter

I didn't need to check a book out, this was the type of humor I was exposed to in my home. If you had met my parents and their parents you would never have guessed because they were so outwardly conservative. My education, based on science and the scientific method, was also well rounded.
Awesome thanks!

/ My twisted sense of humor-what's yours? #53  
I worked in a fire station with six other guys for 35 years. I could go on for hours about practical jokes.... :)