National Farm Machinery Show

/ National Farm Machinery Show #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
Any of you fellows or ladies going to the Farm Machinery Show? I live close by, 30 miles, and plan on going Feb 14, Friday with my Dad and younger brother. I wouldn't mind meeting up for dinner with a few of you.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #2  
I'm thinking about it -- 100mi away, but Wednesday seems to be the best day to get away. How bad is morning traffic?

/ National Farm Machinery Show #3  
Paint "TBN" on your windows and we'll pass you right through.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #4  
I live between Dayton and Cincinnati. I'm hoping to go. I'm still new to all this "tractor stuff" and my neighbors across the street suggested I go to look at implements for pulling brush. They are 3rd generation farmers and go to this every year. I'd like to go down on Saturday, but might go down on Wednesday instead.

Is it crowded every day? I can't go on Friday. Something about that guy Cupid and February 14th that would probably get me in big trouble if I went down that day! :laughing:

/ National Farm Machinery Show
I'v never been a day when it wasn't crowded, Saturday seems worse with folks being off work. Friday has just become a tradition for us. Traffic is always a headache but we go early(it doesn't open till 9:00) and eat breakfast at the Bob Evans Restaurant right around the corner. Weather should be okay.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #6  
Will be going Thursday with a couple of buddies.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #7  
If I get to go it will be Thursday. I think Thursday or Friday is the best days to go.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #8  
Yep, we go every year and always have a good time and occasionally purchase something we "need"! We really enjoy the show and always see some old friends and even make some new ones. It will be a real treat this year as the interminable winter has exacerbated cabin fever to a new level! Hope to see you there!

/ National Farm Machinery Show #9  
I went yesterday (Thursday). It was my first time there so it was a real experience!!! Lots of cool stuff to see. I just wish I'd gotten there earlier. I arrived at 11:15 and left about 5:30. I was wiped out - talk about a LOT of walking!!

The thing that amazed me was how crowded the "cheap tools" booths were! It was like being at a flea market the way guys were bunched up around these booths. Yet a lot of the tractor related booths didn't have a soul in them except for the person working it.

/ National Farm Machinery Show #10  
We went opening day for the first time this year as it suited our schedule better. Attendance seemed to be lighter than in previous years (I think this was our 20th.), but that may be normal for day 1 with "iffy" weather. We enjoyed it as always and checked out some items we plan to add to our inventory. And, most of all we had fun, but like mark02tj, it is a lot of walking on concrete and it seems to get harder every year.